Friday, June 22, 2007

Re-Writing the Rules

When Blinders approached me several months ago to talk about a new idea he had that would appeal to me (and pretty much everyone I know), I was immediately intrigued. There was the sports factor. There was the gambling games of skill factor. There was the "You mean I get my own avatar!" factor.

All of which came together even more awesomely than I could have imagined. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Fantasy Sports Live.



Unlike the big sites that take cash simply to host fantasy leagues, most of the money a player invests at FSL goes into the prize pool. You don't have to wait until the end of 162 games to find a winner. He has created the fantasy sports equivalent of SnGs, with daily contests and payouts. Blinders explains:

Just choose your stakes, draft a team of starters from the contest's games, and test your sports knowledge against others from around the country. We run the contests like sit and goes. They form up real-time, and close when the maximum entries are registered. Players then have until the start time to complete their draft. Once the contest starts, you can see the fantasy players on the teams you are against and a leaderboard shows the real-time contest standings. Also, by law all of our cash prizes are guaranteed. If we don't get the maximum entries it is like an overlay for those that are entered.

Simple as that. Now what are you waiting for? Click on the ad on the side-bar at right to sign up for FSL.com using...ohmygod...I've always wanted to say this...Bonus Code Speaker!

And don't forget to tell all your friends.

2 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your voice-over on the virtual tour is an absolute must-hear for anyone checking out the site. Hysterical! Once hockey season starts back up, if it's on FSL, I'm there.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Nice work finding a new "niche" to take advantage of the UIGEA. I think you're on to something. Be sure to keep close eye on how the US views this kind of business. I'm signing up soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home