Wednesday, June 13, 2007

High Five

The 5th Anniversary is known as the Wood Anniversary and I can think of nothing more appropriate since I sport wood every time a new issue of Truckin' comes out. Pauly deserves every kudos he gets for his writing, but his generosity and mentorship to others often goes overlooked. He encourages, admonishes and cheerleads. Without his spirit and this outlet, I'd not be here still.

Five years is an awesome achievement and I'm proud to be a wee part of it. Go read now.

Truckin' - June 2007, Vol. 6, Issue 6

1. Donuts with Baby & Winky by Paul McGuire
Baby sat on the edge of the coffee table and poured out an ashtray that overflowed with butts. She picked out three or four and lit one up. She took three drags and put it out before she lit up another used one. Then another... More

2. Three Men Leaving by Brad "Otis" Willis
The cash register hummed underneath the buzz of the overhead fluorescents. Together, the noises almost masked the sounds of the crickets. Their little love song sang through the open door and it was getting on Little Liza's nerves... More

3. Desperados by Joe Speaker
The start time was pragmatic. We didn't want to be traversing the Mexican desert in mid-day, especially in our unreliable cars. This way, we'd arrive shortly after dawn, being treated to a spectacular sunrise the last hundred miles or so. There are always trade-offs, though, and our schedule dictated we'd drive through the border town of Mexicali in the dead of night... More

4. Five Dollars for the Colonel by Dr. Tim Lavalli
Across the alley are these two trailers, the back one is Annie's and she'll give you head for twenty bucks, only the Colonel don't like her doing that, so you give him $5 and he goes to get his bottle of muscatel but he doesn't like the folks at Abe's Liquor so he goes down the street to the Chinaman's and then you go to see Annie while he is getting his wine... More

5. Leaving the City by Sigge S. Amdal
All of this mud, all of this poison pumping from my pitch black heart, through my veins and out the razor sharp tip of the pen is nothing but unclean blood for you to leech on. As I see the city disappear, minute-by-minute, I become much more a man... More

6. Rose by Doog
Rose's heart pounded with anticipation, a strange mix of exhilaration and fear of the unknown coursing through her veins. Keeper opened the door and stepped through into the world outside... More

7. Las Vegas Car Battery by Dingo
I suppose because of my accent I seem to attract a weird and wide selection of sheilas and broads. I am quite okay looking, or so people tell me, so picking up sheilas has never been a problem. Mine all just seem to be total whack jobs... More

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks for pimping!

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Sigge said...

Right. Now I have an image of Pauly in a cheerleader outfit on my mind.

But thanks for the shout-out:)
I love this technocrati stuff, so I can see who's pimping what, and firmly separate near-gods from near-dogs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home