Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's Not About Me...

I have often mentioned the many people--many whom I've met, many whom I haven't--who offered their words and much more during this difficult time for me. I have been truly overwhelmed by your support and kindness. I can't begin to name all of you, nor can I accurately convey how much you've helped and how much I owe each and every one of you.

The corollary to this is that all we do is talk about me. We don't have to do that any longer. And as my first step in becoming a functioning member of the community again (one who gives back, instead of simply accepting), I'm gonna pimp a whole mess of shit today. And I'm also gonna get a bunch of deserving folks on the ol' blogroll over there.

I'm back, bitches.

**********************

Leading off is the first WPBT satellite to WSOP events, brought to you by Iggy.

WPBT WSOP Satellite Tournament
March 19th - Sunday
9pm EST
Paradise Poker
$30 NL
password: email me (address is down blogroll on right)

Not only are these fun to play, but there's quite a bit of gold at the end of the rainbow. I feel I must warn you, however, that Bobby Bracelet and I win half of these things and I have the stats to back that up.

If you don't have a Paradise account, like me, that is no bleeping excuse. You know how to download shit, right? Plus, this way, we can all register at a new site with some variation of the ZeeJustin name. Because that's funny.

Byron is also giving 'til it hurts, setting up the first of six thousand blogger tourneys to determine a WPBT Player of the Year. Event #1 is as follows:

What: Pot-Limit Omaha
Where: PokerStars (Private Tourney 20742121) (password wpbt72)
When: Sunday, March 12th at 9:30 PM EST (that's 6:30 PM PST, according to the supercomputer I use to keep track of time-zone changes).
Cost: $20+2

Requirements: Be a poker blogger who wants to take part in this year-long experiment. The poker blogging requirements will be light. Even if you post as often as Hdouble, or mention as much poker as AlCantHang, you are good. This rule will be enforced on an honor system. Non-bloggers will not be eligible for the title and the as yet unannounced prize at the end of the year.

POY-Race: From a biweekly series of events (buy-in between $15 and $20) points will be allotted according to the PokerStars tourney formula (buy-in, placement and number of entries are used to figure points). The winner will be announced at the December WPBT gathering, with the December WPBT event counting as the final event towards the race. See previous post for the origin of the rules. Events will be alternated between PokerStars and FullTilt.

Not sure if I'll be able to make the first one since I'm winning the $200K this Sunday, but I'll definitely be there if I (very likely) bust prior to the start time.

************************

Roll call

Maudie got Star Bombed in comments.

DonkeyPuncher procreated.

s.t.b. took it down. So did change100. Otis had a big score, as well.

Falstaff has a few questions for you and a new line of t-shirts. Rini has tees, too. I'm still working on the final design for "I helped pay for
BG's perforated colon and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."

Head got a new gig, but also some bad news. Give him your love and support.

Pauly has finally (allegedly?) left the City of Angels. He had some great write-ups. My favorite was Getting Showcase Laid.

-EV got him some Moneymaker.

Nerd has opened up his online school. Now you too can learn to play 37 tournaments simultaneously.

I have been a little light on my blog reading lately and I'm certain there are a hundred...okay, maybe that's pushing it...other worthwhile posts, strategies, events and so on out there. So, those of you who have come by in recent months to view the latest twist in the divorce saga, thank you, and please visit the good and hard-working folks on the right over there. Some amazing stuff in this little community and very often it has little to nothing to do with poker. First wait like a half hour while I put up some new links.

8 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger elizabeth said...

would love to get involved with the blogger poker tourney stuff (yes, believe it or not, despite the lack of poker content on the blog, i play..rather well sometimes) but there's one major glitch: i'm a mac girl. so all the sites listed except for full tilt (finally) are out for me. sad sad.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Mr. Friendly said...

Good Luck on Sunday, Joe. Thanks for the link.

Now I gotta go write something worthy of the fuggin link.

Stand down.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Jestocost said...

You're being generous with the "deserving" line, but thanks for the link.

At least you haven't lost a windshield yet. Maybe I'll blog about THAT X story one day.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Although I'm certainly not on your level poker-wise, I appreciate the link!

I also appreciate your writing. You've really helped me see some holes in my game when it comes to my relationship with my wife and how complacent I've become over the past 6 years.

nh

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Eric D said...

hey man - love your blog and judging from your musical tastes, you'd have huge advantage for the daily $1 artist/song competition over at my blog. Stop by sometime. I'm in SoCal too, incidentally. Later!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger iamhoff said...

I was reading this, and all I could hear in my mind (not that it can be trusted or anything) was the opening of LL Cool J's "Mamma Said Knock You Out". Don't call it a comeback...you never left!

Hurry up with the BG shirt...I'd like to think that something good (besides a functional poop chute, of course) is coming out of this!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

This event sounds really sweet. I will not be able to make this one, but will watch for future events.

By the way, I didn't see the email address. Do you have Yahoo? If so, hit me up for some late night poker, chat, and fun. My screen name is yosoyveneno.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

And thanks for the link! Very sweet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home