That didn't take long.
When I started my new sports blog Walking Mike Davis, I had a few reasons. One, to put an onus on myself to write more. Two, to parlay my vast expertise and pertinent prose into a greater gig. So imagine my surprise when mere hours after dropping the first post on WMD, I was snatched up by a multi-national conglomerate of talented and forward-looking writers.
Behold Up For Sports. Please take a look, add us to your blogroll, talk us up at cocktail parties.
And now, your starting lineup:
1. Otis C -- Who better to manage the game, work counts, be our brain on the field? He's like Jason Kendall, right down to the scraggly facial hair.
2. Speaker SS -- My lineup. Shut up.
3. Bad Blood RF -- Here comes the Beef. Reminds many of Brian Downing.
4. Daddy 2B -- Sure, he's a big man, but he's light on his feet. Like Ronnie Belliard.
5. G-Rob LF -- More power from a corner OF slot. Has petitioned the league to be able to play without a hat, lest the fans fail to get adequate glimpses of his 'do.
6. CJ 1B -- Even Chuck Knoblauch can't miss this target.
7. BG 3B -- Quick reactions, soft hands, lightning wit.
8. Wil CF -- Most range on the entire club, clearly illustrated by his 78 writing gigs.
9. Lefty P -- Duh.