Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

Yes, I know I'm a hack. Save your breath.

I'm thankful the network censors gave the green light to the promos for William Shatner's new game show, becuase I laugh like a schoolgirl every time I hear the deep announcer voice say, "Shat-tastic!"

I'm thankful Iggy didn't die, but simply moved to a tonier address.

I'm thankful for the unbridled laughter of AJ and for the simplicity in which I am able to summon it with a certain look or, in one recent instance, by flashing him a BA.

I'm thankful for the 30% of the time I actually win a race.

I'm thankful to still have a job even though I haven't done it very well this year and for my colleagues and superiors who totally understood why that was.

I'm thankful for family and friends who've lifted me up so much during this trying year and for their support and kind words, even if most of the time I don't believe them.

I'm thankful I don't have to go anywhere near an airport this weekend. Same for when I go to Vegas.

I'm thankful I made it here. It was touch and go for a while. It's not the greatest place I've ever been, but it's miles better than there. Some days I never thought I'd get out of there, times when it took every ounce of strength to get from dawn to dusk. But I still have this life and--more and more--it gains weight on the one I lost. I'm thankful that AJ has come through as well, with what appears on the surface to be a minimum of pain and confusion, plus the added joy of an improved closeness in our relationship. And I'm pleased to have a bottle of Bushmills at home, which I'm going to climb into this evening and toast every one of you SOBs out there reading this. Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving.

9 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Daddy said...

Happy Turkey.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

I was sincerely hoping one of the Show Me The Money commercials would cut to a viewer on their couch who would emphatically state...

"This show is so awesome, I almost *Shat* my britches watching it."

A guy can dream.

In other news...Happy Bird to you Sir.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Gobble freakin' Gobble my man.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Word.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy happy t-day to you and AJ, sir - looking forward to seeing your metrosexual self in vegas in a few.

8-)

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Happy Bushmills Day! Drink lots of water.

xoxo

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Cheers. And Happy Thanksgiving to you also!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Happy AJ Day.

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger DrChako said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

When asked what I was thankful for, I replied:

Clean laundry
Bloggers
Democrats

I still claim to be a Republican, but somehow my deployment date was pushed back after the recent election.

See you in Vegas?

-DrC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home