Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Touchdown!

Reds Put Seven Behind Blues

I wonder how Steve Bruce's arse is doing today. Probably gaping, just like Maik Taylor's net.

Gotta keep my 8 footy fans happy.

************************

Does it seem like Friday to anyone else? No? Just me? Today's my last stint in the cube for this week. I'm going to Vegas tomorrow. Don't hate. And that's nuthin' really. Placing this weekend's events on a scale of 1 to 10, there's a 10 and then there's Vegas.

Update: I see where BG detonated the Information Bomb. I can't really talk about it, either, but I'm going, too. I will not be live-blogging, however. I will be hiding behind palm fronds near the Grotto with my pants around my ankles.


************************

I moneyed in the $17K on FT last night, finishing 34th. I got a little squirrelly with 88 (and an M of 7) and over-played my way out of the proceedings. Even so, I haven't felt this good about my game since before the WPBT in December. It mostly has to do with finding an extra level of aggression. I've preached many times, especially in these (relatively) low buy-in online MTTs the need for patience. It's difficult to "out-play" players who never pause to think what you might be holding or representing. With the nice run I had on Saturday (and the longer levels helped), I made some moves I hadn't been able to practice lately and, to my surprise, found there ARE opportunities in the regular tourneys to incorporate some more subtle plays. You don't want to get all fancy schmancy and the real challenge is picking the right spots, the right players. But the opportunities are there. I'd have not made it as far as I did last night if I didn't take a few extra chances and dictate the betting post-flop.

I'm going to AT LEAST play the $100 Aladdin tourney on Friday. I might get over to the Sahara for one of their late-night offerings if I aren't being dragged to certain establishments with certain others for certain adult entertainment.

**********************

The date got postponed. Is it bad that I immediately thought she was full of shit when she e-mailed me an excuse? Probably. I'm scarred, what can I say? But I reserved judgment and when she called me a couple hours later and was as sweet and nice as she's been to this point, I was sure her reasons were legit. And she was insistent that we re-schedule as soon as possible, which we did. She's half-Irish. Have I mentioned that? The last woman besides X who put her tongue in my throat--seven years ago--was Irish. Bookends.

***********************

Vegas, baby. Vegas.

9 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

Consider yourself officially hated. You and that muthafuggin' BG.

Enjoy!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Tonge her down...lick her neck for shots and all that jazz...if you win the first tourney...fly her out to Vegas last second and get into a three some with a 20something year old..yeah!yeah!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger StB said...

Vegas and Playmates. I am doubley jealous.

Exactly who did you blow to get invited to the mansion?

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger jremotigue said...

I actually forgot to add Otis for his Monte Carlo escapades. The list keeps growing. I am full of hate.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

* Drizztdj refuses to acknowledge this post and the author is now dead to him *

Ass.

:)

Have a kick ass time!!!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

Don't hog all the palm fronds, man. I'm going to need one, too.

Talk to playmates? Psh.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Tell all the girls you play guitar for Mastodon. Instant fellatio.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Roman said...

Thumb some asses and make me proud.

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

I hear Playmates will do ANYTHING if you tell them you won a grand in an online tourney.

If you give one of 'em the Pirate Eye, let us all know (with photos, natch).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home