Saturday, March 18, 2006

Gutted

Totally. Fucking. Gutted.



Down to 3, we all had chips. Plenty of 'em. I briefly had a nice lead, but had to drop a hand on a big draw after investing quite a bit. From there, it was a lot of give and take. One hand was gonna decide it. One big hand. The guy on my left was either a genius or a retard. He pushed (a huge overbet) over every raise where I was vulnerable. He had me flummoxed, but I knew I could trap him with one big hand. That hand was AA. I flopped a set. I let him take the lead and just milked it to the river where I knew he was gonna put all his chips in. It's what I wanted. It's what he did. Except he had turned a straight with 43. That put me in push/pray mode and I took a shot on the flush draw. Didn't come in.

We saved a grand of the travel money for third, so I'm not toally empty handed. A nice ROI on 400 FPPs. But...

...I wanted to go to The Show.

13 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Nailed It said...

That. Fucking. SUCKS.
Nice showing though. Still.
I feel your pain.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

Watching your set of Aces get cracked sucked. I mean really sucked. There's no way you could have got away from that.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Shit that fucking sucks.

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the comments on your last entry I realised you might still be on the tables. You were and I watched from just before the last break. You played great and it just broke my heart when you busted out.

I was so upset that when the tourney I was playing in started, it took me two levels to realise that I had registered for a limit tournament and not a no-limit tournament...

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, that sucks!

 
At 6:01 AM, Blogger Gene said...

Shit.

Damn.

ASS.

That's about all I can say.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger ScurvyDog said...

You played that final table really well, even the hand with the cracked aces. Stupid fucking poker.

 
At 6:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Started railbirding as soon as I got to the end of your post and watched 'til the end. Damn. Damnit.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

I was there too. I was, in fact, lamenting my AA getting cracked in my cash game twice.

Then I saw what happened to you and stfu.

Joe, you have the chops to get there. That was a very well played final table and while you can't take a victory out of this one, you can take away the knowledge that you belong in these things as a top player.

I do truly wish things came out different on this one occassion. If anyone deserves the turn of a friendly card, it is you.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Gamecock said...

Jesus, that sucks. You'll get there one day though, man. You've got the game obviously.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Heavy Critters said...

Hey Joe,

Although that TOTALLY FUCKING SUCKS that you got bumped out with such a horrible beat, you waded through an ASSLOAD of people, and $1K isn't something to sneeze at.

Congrats, and you'll kick THEM in the junk next time.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

damn man. that's horrible.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger CC said...

Forget all the Raymer-all-I-can-do-is-make-the-best-decision stuff; that's a horrible result. Better to go out first? Nope, not that either, but mightily bad, Joe. You get my sympathy vote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home