Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back on the Horse

Just a reminder that the first WPBT satelitte to a WSOP event is tonight at 9 p.m. Easterm, a lovely 6 here on the Left Coast. Forty-five players signed up at press time. We need at least 55 to hit the $1500 payout mark. Get thee to Paradise Poker. As an added bonus, you'll get to see me finish one off the seat.

What: WPBT WSOP NL Satellite
When: Sunday March 19
Time: 9pm EST
Where: Paradise Poker
How Much: $30
Password: email iggy at allimcbeal_69 - yahoo.com
Restrictions: Bloggers only!

Much love to Iggy for organizing this for us.

**************************

I was remiss last night in not thanking the hordes of y'all railbirding me in the satellite. Forgive me, I was in full wallow mode for about 90 minutes afterward. You really helped me stay patient and keep focused and it's always nice to share some misery.

The AA hand...well...in retrospect, result of the hand notwithstanding, I feel like I could have gotten away from it on the river. But I would have had to think about something I didn't think about. I was fully zeroed in on his betting pattern and he did exactly what I expected, exactly how he'd played for two hours. Had I let in some other information (the smooth call on the turn chief among them), I may have been able to salvage that 75K I gave up on the river. Believe me, I know it would have been a tough laydown, maybe the toughest I've ever had to make, but there was a chance I could have made it. What irks me (less and less) is not processing ALL the information that was there before making the call.

That said, I can't help but be imminently satisfied with my play. I don't think I've ever played better. Certainly not for nine hours. And, let's be honest, that thousand bucks I got in the save for third is highly likely to do me more good than the $10K donation to the Main Event prize pool. I will play in that tournament someday, maybe someday soon. I had a great time last night, found I could trust myself and my reads enough to make big bets, something that's been lacking. So, as my high school economics teacher used to say, I've got PMA. Positive. Mental. Attitude.

Thanks again to everyone and I'll see y'all tonight.

5 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Blogger StB said...

Awesome job nonetheless!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Hugh Williams said...

Congrats, Joe!

I couldn't get over 47th in that pig. Didn't even know you were in it until I happened to check back later and saw you in the final 3.

That Casey guy was at my table forever, and he was an all-in, card-catching maniac the whole time. I wished various pox and specii of locust on him many times.

You gotta love the structure of that tourney, those 30-minute levels are pretty luxurious, maybe too long. I'll see ya there next week.

(BTW, I played the 40 FPP 1Rebuy, 1 Add-on turbo satellite to get into that one.)

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chops here.

Joe...send me an email at chops@wickedchopspoker.com for the blogfile...

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

Good one, Joe. The grand is g00t, and you've still got months to win a seat.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Yoyo (Poker Poison) said...

Hey Joe,

I had a great time playing with you in the blogger event!

It would be super to have a one on one battle..Just look me up if you are interested.

Dropping the hammer was awesome. I like your style..

Hasta Luego..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home