Sunday, November 27, 2005

There It Is!

Not my biggest cash, not a big field, but a win. A bleeping win!



For once, I got to play some Big Stack Poker. Went on a rush of cards with about 25 left, moving to the top of the heap. Down to two tables I took a ton of blinds and antes off short stacks trying to edge into the money. I began the Final Table second in chips and busted a couple players. We got to three-handed, all of us reltively even in chips, where we battled for a good 45 minutes. Back and forth, up and down, dip and feint. Finally, I doubled up off the chip leader--the primary aggressor most of the time--when he ran his 77 into my JJ. Suddenly, I had 80% of the chips. Four hands later, it was over.

Monkey. Off. Back.

12 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

It's great that you finally won a MTT and all, but could you tell monkey's friend to get off my back? Thanks!

It seems that a lot of people attending the WPBT are peaking at the right time. Talk about a tough tourney.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger on_thg said...

nice job. Guess you won't need that dollar after all... :)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Awesome! Can I borrow $500?

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Twelve hundy is pretty good, but it's no $200 Nano.

Maybe I'll let you hold it in Vegas if I win.

Congrats on spanking the monkey.

Off your back, that is.

 
At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats!!! - so glad that, between you and CJ, drinks in Vegas for the group will be paid for (mega wink wink nudge nudge...). tee hee

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

It was just a matter of of time before Joe "The Hair" Speaker won......

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger April said...

Very nice! Congratulations!!!

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

He shoots,he scores!
Nice one.

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Human Head said...

Could you loan me your Speaker stick for the one on my back?

He's a tough bastard. Congrats!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats again!!

As for Aladdin on Friday morning, I might be in depending on how many shots I do on my birthday (Thursday) or if the strippers leave my room in a timely fashion.

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one, 1216$ nice payout! Congrats!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Gamecock said...

Very nice, Joe, you rule

 

Post a Comment

<< Home