Thursday, November 17, 2005

Addendum

Thanks to all on the comments regarding previous. I think y'all pretty much covered it. It's a weak play, a dangerous play from the villain's standpoint, but one we need to be on the lookout for.

In that vein, here are a couple other curiously-played hands I was involved in recently. This time, try to guess what the villain is holding based on the action. Answers tomorrow:

1. In the BB, with blinds at 30/60, I see a free flop with QJo, along with 3 limpers, including the SB. Flop is Q72 with two hearts. SB checks and I bet 180 into 240 pot. One limper calls. Turn is a Jack, no heart. Giddyup. I bet 480 into 600 pot. Call. Turn is a King, no heart. I bet 800 into 1560 pot. Call. What does he have?

2. I raise 4x the BB (25/50) from MP with 99. Folds to a limper UTG who calls. Flop is AQ3 rainbow. Checked to me and I bet 150 into 275 pot. Call. Turn is 8, completing the rainbow. Checked to me and I check behind. River is a Jack. Checked to me and I check behind. What does he have? (This one is so mis-played by the villain that nobody might ever get it.)

5 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking A-10 in hand 1 and for hand 2, I'm going with what jasonspaceman said.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger TripJax said...

1st hand) K 2

2nd hand) K 10

 
At 5:58 AM, Blogger MVilla888 said...

I'll jump on this one....

1) AA...he slow played it on the flop and then allowed you to lead the action for him and lost when you caught 2 pair on the river to bitch and moan about a bad beat suckout.

2) I think Jason is right..although he might have hit the set of 3s as well and tried to trap with the set.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1: AKo...but it does depend on the buy in\limits of the game...lower limit game seems to bring out the mentality of I will never fold my AK.
2: AA and the player had no urge to lead out at all beause they are pure calling stations.

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

1. Either some sort of high cards, like KJ or QT, or a low pair like 2s.

2. QQ or AA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home