Sunday, November 06, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhhh

I have been mostly really happy with my tourney game lately. Have knocked on the door a couple times and come away short, but my decisions and timing have been generally correct. Was bolstered by the Re-buy result last night, knowing I had to tangle with some good players to get as deep as I did and knowing I wasn't out-classed.

I've hesitated to say I was on the verge of something, superstition and all, but I've really felt my game coming around. I played well in the satellite to the Six-Gun Shootout in the Desert this afternoon, making the final table and finishing 8th. And that was with HDouble and -EV on my left all day! I went out when I foolishly tried to out-draw CJ. Congrats to he and -EV for the seats.

However kids, that is not the end of the story. No, no, no. I'm here to tell you that was just the first Final Table I made on Full Tilt today. I finished 3rd in the $8K Guaranteed tonight for a cool $1200 payday. So much to say about it, but it will have to wait (or not come at all, everybody hates Hand Histories). I just...well...I did everything right.

Feeling a little vindicated. Glad I can read my game well enough to know when it's gonna pop.

POP!

6 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger jremotigue said...

sweet! congrats!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Mr Subliminal said...

TWELVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!!

THAT'S EVEN BETTER THAN FOUR HUNDRED SEVENTY NINE DOLLARS!!!!

Now you've got me shouting.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger StB said...

Nice hit. Next time, please don't raise my BB late in the tournament. Or please do not have A K.

thank you

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger CJ said...

That's awesome!!! I'll trade you my shootout seat... ;-)

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I knew you'd hit it big after watching the play of those who were left.

Congrats man.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Holy Guacamole! Congratulations! I gotta play in some more of these FT tourneys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home