Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Got Any REO?

Alright, I admit it. I actually look forward to watching "Prison Break" every week. I typically have no problem with the whole "suspension of disbelief" thing when it comes to my entertainment, but this show features the most implausible sequence of events since the Ric Ocasek/Paulina Porizkova courtship. Furthermore, the lead character is impossible to take seriously as the only other thing I've seen him in is the preposterous "Dinotopia," which gets regular AJ viewings.

Yet, I watch. And don't even play poker while I'm doing it. There's plenty of action. There's plenty of Peter Stormare's always enjoyable over-acting (Swedes playing Italians = Comedy Gold). And...well...I really have no explanation for it. Perhaps it's the same gene that made me enjoy REO Speedwagon.

*************************

No poker last night. In the "what's new" department, I've been playing some .25/.50 PLO on Full Tilt, partly because it's the fastest game within my bankroll to clear their bonus. After playing tourneys almost exclusively on there, it was apparent I was gonna leave a lot of free money ont he table if I didn't find some more action. You certainly get it at the PLO tables. I'm not what I'd call comfortable with my PLO game, but I've seen a lot worse players than I (like a guy calling a river bet with a pair of aces) and that's really what it's all about anyway. So I sit and fold and peddle the occassional nut and the bonus whizzes by. And I'm a little profitable otherwise, so far.

**************************

Thanks to TO (not that TO) and Oddjack for running my Public Service Announcement. In their rush to demonstrate to the universe how smart they are, many people achieve the opposite effect.

**************************

Note to would-be Romeos who might try to hit on my wife when she's out with the girls. "Do you enjoy being married?" is probably not such a good opener.

**************************

Vegas is getting close, isn't it? I remember last May as I was getting ready to meet most of the bloggers for the first time (I had already met a few and had what one could call substantial online relationships with others). I didn't REALLY know what to expect, but I felt like I had a pretty goood idea. I think that was because I made it a point to participate in the events leading up to it, spent time reading and commenting on the blogs and generally "getting to know" people. I thought I had a good handle on what I was getting into.

What's funny about that is I ended up hanging out with people I didn't expect, having conversations I couldn't have predicted. And getting far more reward out of it than seemed possible.

For those of you coming for the first time, honestly, you have no idea what's in store. Sure, you have your suspiscions, you have your list of "things to do." All well and good. But all you really need is willingness and an open mind.

Looking forward to raising your big blind.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Todd said...

"Prison Break" is a lame idea. After all, how many shows have advertised that they're for ONE season only? After all, if he succeeds in getting his brother out, then the reason for the show is over. If he doesn't, well, the entire season one was a waste.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

A quick search on google and ebay doesn't turn up any "Don't tap on the glass" poker t-shirts. This is a shame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home