Monday, October 03, 2005

This Really Happened

Dear and Patient Wife: I'd like a double Whopper with cheese combo...
Faceless drive-thru voice: I'm sorry, we're out of Whoppers.
Me: Wait, did you just say, Burger King guy, that you're out of Whoppers?
Faceless drive-thru voice: Yes.
Me: Am I being Punk'd?

It was then we saw the sign, hand-written and taped below the speaker box. It said (and this is verbatim, because I wrote it down):

We apologize but we are out of Whoppers. Also chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders and onion rings. We are also out of lettuce, tomato and mayonaise.

Well played, Burger King. Well played.

5 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, yeah... hey Speaker, any more little Speaker's on the way? ;-)

We've seen pictures of her, NO WAY she eats like that normally!

BSN

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

No Whoppers at BK?

What's next, no fish at PartyPoker?

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Daddy said...

Funny thing is, that's the fourth Burger King my family has eaten dry in the last month.


Fat Kids Rule !!!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger April said...

I think I'm getting weird looks from people here in the hall of the Government building from laughing so hard. As my mom would say, "fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

That is truly hysterical.

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what? Chicken Fries and a Coke! Done.



Why would you expect to get a burger at Burger King? Are you retarded or something?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home