Friday, September 30, 2005

Friday Briefs

I don't ask you folks for much, do I? Our relationship is a casual one, a little take, a lot of give, no demands. But just this once, I ask you heed my advice:

Read This Book.

I'm not even finished with it yet, but I feel like I can't get the word out quickly enough, despite the fact I lack the superlatives to fully describe it. I'll give you two things.

1. I always sleep on the train during my commute home after a hard day at the office. Uusally I'll board, read for 10-20 minutes and crash for the rest of the journey. The past two days, I've read the entire way home. The book gave me no choice but to do so.
2. While I was thinking yesterday that I had to alert you all to this incredible thing I've found, I ran across the following passage:

"I get it," Uncle Charlie said. "You feel intimidated because you started life with a seven-two, different suits."
"A what?"
"A seven and a two, different suits, worst poker hand possible."


Hammer Serendipity.

***************************

Missed last week's picks due to the vacation, but in the interest of full disclosure, I again went 2-2 on my NFL best bets, my second straight break-even week. I'm feeling pretty frisky about a couple games this week, however and sense a turning of fortunes.

Oakland -3 over Dallas
Though I have slight fear these Raiders might be one of those teams that just can't manage to win (a valid feeling with Norv "I'll stay on 16 against a dealer ten" Turner at the helm), they've played well and the Cowboys are their easiest assignment yet. Drew Bledsoe + Black Hole = 4 Dallas turnovers.

Tampa Bay -6.5 over Detroit
My brief flirtation with the Lions is over and the Bucs have arguably been the league's best team thus far. Stick with the hot pony.

Buffalo PK over New Orleans
Penalties, turnovers, permissive defense...same ol' Saints. So much for the feel good story of the year.

And the Run, Don’t Walk, Lock of the Week™

Jacksonville -4 over Denver
Road team after a Monday Night game rule in play here. As well as the Jake Plummer on the road against a very good defense rule.

Time to lay the heavy timber.

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a "tm" as in trademark tm afdter the run don't walk pick of the week. If that it is THAT is the run don't walk suck of the WEAK. That's my saying. The only others who may lay claim to that quote would be Dan Lee or Tony Wenger.

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I never knew you got had such stellar commentors on your site.

Kudos to you.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Spammers will wield micro-peni in hell.

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tampa Bay -6.5 over Detroit

Buffalo PK over New Orleans

And the Run, Don’t Walk, Lock of the Week™ Jacksonville -4 over Denver



1 out of 4! Just like old times. hfg

hitz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home