Friday, October 14, 2005

Just Kidding

A feckless and infuriating Ken Macha, let go by the A's 10 days ago when they failed to reach agreement on a contract extension, is shockingly re-hired as manager through 2008. A's fans react:

"On the bright side, there is no bright side."
"Well, those of us who only watch baseball to see those who have mastered the art of chewing juicy fruit are thrilled."
"I need drugs. Illegal, illicit drugs. I hate everything."
"I'm giving real consideration to giving up baseball until 2009."
"This sucks more than anything that has ever previously sucked."
"Anyone who defends Beane('s move) can go fuck themselves."
"The most disgusting A's news in 10 years."
"I feel like i've been told I have only six months to live."

and my personal favorite:

"He doesn't get the Pittsburgh job so he comes back crawling....AND we hire him back? Disgusting. We are now Pittsburgh's sloppy seconds."

Thanks to the good folks at Ken Macha is a Moron and I Hate Him, Athletics Nation and my buddies over at the ESPN A's message board for some laughter amidst the sorrow.

I'd like to try to make some modicum of sense out of this news, but there is none.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My personal favorite:

I was hoping the site (http://FireMacha.com) could be retired, for all intents and purposes. maybe a few posts about how Macha was costing the Pirates wins or something, but there will be no shortage of material for the site now.

If that's a silver lining, then first dying of cancer when you already have AIDS is a silver lining.

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger alan said...

It's not like the manager really matters on Billy Beane's team, anyway, though.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I see your Ken Macha and raise you a Mike Tice and Glen Mason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home