Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Goofing Off

More non-poker silliness on tap today. I am going to play tonight. I was going to play last night but I got some outstanding news from my good friend Stick and was patiently awaiting his phone call of full disclosure and didn't want to be in the middle of an SnG when he did call, which he didn't. Which is okay, too, because now I'm hopelessly hooked on the implausible but riviting "Prison Break" and I also had some writing to do, which I did.

AJ started this accelerated reading program at pre-school yesterday. When I asked the wife how it went she said. "I think he's in the smartest group." When I asked why she thought that, she replied, "Because the other two kids with him are Asian." After I cleaned up the taco that statement caused me to spit up, she said he got 8 or 10 on his first quiz, while the others both scored perfect. "Well," I said, "AJ's only 3/8th Asian, so, percentage-wise, he's a pretty good overlay."

On the subject of AJ, he (we) won Bill's Hammer Photo Challenge. Thanks to Bill for the effort.

The song I am currenlty most likely to sing aloud on a crowded commuter train is "Seize the Day" by Avenged Sevenfold.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I went 1-3 on my football picks this week. Clearly Week One--when I went 7-1!--was the exception that proves the rule, the rule being that I am a horrific pigskin prognosticator. Remove the spreads, however, and I'm sitting tied for 5th in The Good Doctor's ESPN pool. Surely that too will soon come to an end.

Divisional playoff predictions:

Cards in 3
Braves in 4
BoSox in 3
Angels in 4

I don't wager on baseball. I would if I could wager on something like "Joe Morgan will say something stupid."

Talk about your mortal locks.

6 Comments:

At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elvis got robbed. Sure, AJ's cute and all, but that's the fucking king!

I don't wager on baseball. I would if I could wager on something like "Joe Morgan will say something stupid."

From FireJoeMorgan:

Joe, after Reggie Sanders hits a 3-0 FB from Jake Peavy for a grand slam:

"John, I don't think I've ever seen a playoff game where someone swings 3-and-0 with the bases loaded...I have never seen that. I mean, I've never seen a manager give a guy the hitting sign 3-0 [in the playoffs]. I'm sure it has happened, but I've never seen it work, anyway."

Well, Joe, if you search back through your memory banks, deep in the archives of all the playoff games you've seen, you might remember one other time. It will be difficult to remember -- and I don't blame you for what you said -- because you would have to think back all the way to the most recent playoff game that was played, which was Game Four of last year's World Series, in this very stadium, against this very Cardinal team, when Trot Nixon swung 3-0 and hit a 2-run double off the wall in right-center.


Good ol' Joe. Just as stupid as ever.

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger April said...

Let's just not speak about the football pool, OK?

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

As always... thanks for contributing to Truckin'!!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well, your BoSox prediction has already fallen...

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Joe Buck is sure to one-up Morgan in the stupidity department.

Give him time.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

BOSOX in THREE!!! HA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home