Wednesday, October 12, 2005

There's No Place Like Home

I was planning on some poker goodness last night but got distracted. Namely, by the dear and patient wife modeling her Halloween costume. When she mentioned she was going as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, I stirred not at all, leastways in my nether regions. Sure, in the right context, a reasonable facsimile of Judy Garland can be arousing, like in "Swingers" where the Vegas Girl is much hotter in her costume than later back at the trailer. But, I did not put the get-up on par with...say...a Catholic School Girl or a Playboy Bunny on the sexy quotient.

Nice read.

This particular costume comes equipped with thigh-high white stockings and a rather short skirt. Not to mention red pumps (in lieu of ruby slippers). Suffice to say, there was a "twister." And no poker.

***************************

In the interest of culturalizing you people (with made-up words like "culturalizing"), I'm adding a buddy's blog on the right. Jamie is of the highest breeding--meaning he's an A's fan--and currently immersing himself in German culture (ie Oktoberfest). Some cool photos and stories over there if you're interested.

jkberlinblog

***************************

I was informed the other night by a certain Princess that metrosexuality is out. Furthermore, the Earth is round and water is wet. It was never really "in," was it? I know it got a label, but the whole idea was almost immediately and roundly mocked, yes? It's not like men started rushing to get pedicures and Beckham haircuts (does not apply to the Far East). It was more of a "these people exist" thing. I don't know anyone who was hot to jump on that particular trend. No, not even I, seeing as I'm not really a metrosexual. I can prove it.

1. I haven't combed or brushed my hair since 1987.
2. I let my fingernails grow to unreasonable lengths, though this is partly because I can never find the goddamn clippers.
3. Unless I'm going to work or church, I always have an old Adidas or A's cap on.
4. I buy my hair products at Target. And I buy what's on sale.
5. I mis-spelled Giorgio Armani the other day.

So yes, while I spend far to much time in Banana Republic for a straight guy, while my closet is the largest in my home, while I often plan out my wardrobe a week in advance, you can clearly see that I'm just a run-of-the-mill narcissist and not a metrosexual.

By the way, the metros are being replaced--apparently--by "Uber-sexuals," which has a more masculine edge, but is really just another made-up marketing opportunity. Expect a run on lumberjack clothing in the near future.

**************************

I plan on playing the $20 MTT on Stars tonight (8:30 p.m. PST) if anyone wants to join me. That is, unless I have to help some poor heroine find her Toto.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Flaunting your metrosexuality may be out, but you know what's back in?

Gancing.


And, boy, am I happy about that.

 
At 6:17 PM, Blogger Heather said...

mmm where can i get me an ubersexual? yummah.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Bill said...

What am I going to do with all of these man-purses?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home