Tuesday, October 25, 2005

I'm Good Enough...I'm Smart Enough...

I feel better. I really do. My bankroll is giving me a dirty look, like a chick whose mother fails to regurgitate that tasty chewed up worm into its mouth. Nope. The worm is all mine.

What I mean to say is, my game is coming back around, a fact that is not yet reflected in the bankroll. I've been able to make good laydowns and maximize my big hands lately. Just seem to be running into one or two unlucky breaks when the bubble appears over the horizon. Like tonight when my KK fell to A6o to bust me. Or yesterday when I raised a limper with AQs, flopped the ace and a couple spades, turned ANOTHER ace, got my money in and lost to AK. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate people who limp with AK?

Regardless, I've been in a full tournament poker immersion program and am getting the correct thought processes working again. A little frustrating still, but I've managed to avoid feeling that way at the tables. It manifests itself more in those quiet moments, when I'm alone with my thoughts and some soft jazz. But I'm through doubting my game. It's not near perfect, but it has done right by me in the past and I'm feeling increasingly confident that it will again.

All that said, I'm dying to play some live poker. I need to get out, drink myself into a reasonable facsimilie of a stupor and re-raise some douchebags. Is it Vegas time yet?

Or, perhaps I'll make my triumphant return to the Crazy Re-Buy on Saturday night--I've sworn those off during this little period of malaise--complete with Drunken Live Blog ridiculousness. Haven't done one of those in a while, partly because there's usually some big chat party going on and God knows people who like their funny bone tickled don't wanna miss that.

Whatever, I'll be getting more poker content into this space in the coming days/weeks. Tonight, however, I'll leave you with a hand history that makes me wanna cry.

In the $20 MTT on Stars tonight, I raised my relatively tight/passive table to 3x the BB (100/200) with 66. Two calls behind and the SB, who was very solid, raised to 2K. I'm very obviously behind here and with more than 3K in chips remaining, it's an easy fold. Yet, the others behind me both call. Curious, wouldn't you say?

The flop is TT6. I throw up in my mouth as all three players go all-in. ATs v. ATo v. KK (SB had KK). ATs catches runner-runner flush to take the whole thing. Yes, I would have quadrupled up.

If I wasn't so damn good.

(Yes, for those of you scoring at home, that's two straight posts I've ending with arrogant self compliments. It's all about positive affirmation, baby.)

3 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

That's a great way to end your posts, cause your big enough, your strong enough, and gosh darnit, people like you.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger StB said...

I guess if you want to be compared to some crazy dude you can choose to.

Isn't that a sickening feeling sometimes? You make a smart laydown to the re-raise only to see players jump over each other to get in the pot. Of course, the flop hits you smack dab in the face and would have propelled you to the top.

Where is that damn Murphy guy at anyways?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Call.

Then explain in chat that "you had odds because gosh darn it your mirror said so".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home