Monday, August 08, 2005

In the Light of Day

"Ace-Nine? Really? You called off your tournament with Ace-Nine? After more than five hours?"
--Me, immediately upon waking this morning


Yuck. I'm rather perturbed at that today. I'd like to say my reasoning was sound, or at least somewhat valid, but it wasn't. Yes, the range of hands I'm up against there is wider at that point of the tourney, but even accounting for that, my play is -EV all the way. I was short, down to 110K, but was in the SB, so still had an orbit to steal/double-up. I confess that last thought didn't enter my muddled brain at the time.

Ah well, opportunity possibly missed. Overall, I was quite happy with the result. Good thing I took a week off from poker. Since it was my winningest week in months.

**************************

No, I did not feel very good this morning. Considering the late-night carnage, I had every right to feel much worse, however. I skipped the ritual morning cup of joe, my decision made thanks to the esophogeal burning and a desire to sleep my entire train ride into work. I opted instead for a gallon of water and some Rolaids (Breakfast of Champions, that). I did need to hit up the cafeteria coffee bar an hour ago since I was THIS close to nodding off at my desk.

Late night/early morning microwaved barbequed hot dogs may taste good at the time. For the record, they don't taste good in the back of your throat at 5:30 in the ayem.

Still, all in all, another satisfying result.

Looking forward to finishing off the Hefes out on the patio tonight.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger BigPirate said...

Damn. You continue to entertain at an alarming rate. I never click here without finding a great new post. You shooting for role-model status or something?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

As I read this I chopped the first pot with another guy in the $20 MTT tonight - we both had A9

 

Post a Comment

<< Home