Friday, July 29, 2005

This Won't Hurt a Bit

Summer time, the livin's easy...

Hey, that reminds me, Easycure took down a nice score last night/this morning, with a Final Table showing in the $20 Stars MTT. I hung around with an eye on the festivities while getting a three-hour prostate exam, also known as the $11 Re-Buy. Anything to keep my mind off the discomfort.

Congrats, EZ. Impressive performance.

We had almost a handful of bloggers in that $20 tourney. Chad played the role of (sadly, faceless and avatarless) table bully before falling with the bubble coming over the horizon, drizz got donked a couple times early and exited on a suck and re-suck (though he was concurrently winning a seat in a WCOOP satellite that he can't play in, so he's got that going for him, which is nice) and Yours Very Truly who again got busted as a 4-1 favorite. Can we officially start calling an over pair losing to an under pair "The Speaker?" That'd be cool. Demented and sad, but cool.

Everyone's favorite Princess and everyone's favorite Joanne were involved with the raildogging and lent a little class to the proceedings. A little. And some trash chat, too. Even Iggy made a brief appearance, but the only thing I remember about that is him describing, in detail, the act of exhaling cigarette smoke.

Tilt.

********************************

Existential question for the weekend:

When did people become such assholes?

I have run into all sorts of neanderthals and jackaninnies this week at the tables. I've run into the rude, those who bid you a mocking farewell after busting you with a brutal suckout. I have run into half a dozen WPT professionals who would never lose and hand if it wasn't for the sheer idiocy of others (and the funny sidelight to that is that the more they kep talking, the more it becomes clear they don't really know what they are talking about).

I don't really have a hard time ignoring assholes. Stupid people? Um....not so much.

Probably should ignore them too, though there's a definite overlap in the asshole and stupid communities. I'd say at least 30%. Here's a graph:

Oh, we can't do graphs. Well, I guess someone could. Not me, though. But it woulda been like two circles with some shared area representing the assole AND stupid population, which I estimate about 30%.

**************************

I'm not sure what just happened there. Perhaps the three hours sleep and the fact I sometimes just go with it.

I had a dream on the train today, a poker dream. One of those dreams where you're not entirely asleep, where you can sorta pull the strings in your dream with that tenuous hold on consciousness. So, in this morning on the train poker dream, I had quad jacks and the only possible card that could trouble me would have been a second king on the river and in my dream, I actually shouted "NO KING!" which should have been a signal to the conscious part of my brain to ensure no King, because I really need to get one-outered in my dreams now too.

King.

I suck.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

From this day forward, I vow to be a avatarrrred table bully. It just showed a few minutes ago while I was hitting runner-runner nut flush against some shlub in a SNG.

Eeee-awwww, indeed.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Easycure said...

Everyone has to get a little lucky, right?

You're time is coming, Speaker.

Get ready.....

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

I kinda wish you had said "No King!" out loud. On the train. Cause then the entry would have kept going.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger facty said...

I made you something. Scientifically yours,
facty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home