Monday, May 04, 2009

Better Be Just a Phase

AJ has taken on this disturbing new personality trait wherein he actively roots against my favorite teams. He despairs as Liverpool dismantles Newcastle. He jumps around the house in glee when Manchester United pins five on Tottenham. He fist pumps when the A's blow another lead. Cheering on the Mariners for God's sake. Cutting me deeply.

I gave him a stern warning. Then I threatened to sell him to the next passing band of gypsies.

"Daddy, gypsies don't have any money. That's why they're gypsies."

It's not just sports, either. In the car the other day, one of my favorite bands came on the radio.

"I don't like Kings of Leon," he said.

"Because Daddy likes them, I'm sure."

"No, it's just my opinion."

"So, who is your favorite band?"

"Slayer."

Well...there's hope.

7 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Jed said...

I have the same problem with my son.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He fist pumps when the A's blow another lead.


--------------------------

If he doesn't stop doing that, he'll have tennis elbow by Thursday.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger facty said...

You have a tween, welcome to the party.

But he's right about Kings of Leon.

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

AJ will learn to never root for the M's, even in jest. They are the Detroit Lions of baseball and should never be cheered.

I haven't mentioned the M's decent start yet because we both know what happens when I do. And now that I have:

Note the date today. They are about to lose 9 out of the next 11.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Gene said...

Two words--corporal punishment.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Seek help if he starts rooting for the Yankees, Cowboys, and Norte Dame.

Fanboi-ism isn't easily treatable, but can be prevented with duct tape and hours of homework.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

And the M's have lost 4 in a row...see what I mean? TOAST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home