Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vroom

Poker. What can I say about poker? I think I'm kinda good at it, having gotten over a weak-tight hump that hampered me for a while. My results in the BBT4 (no links tonight, it's midnight and I've not the wherewithal or the time, as will become apparent, but I'll jam them in there in the ayem, I promise) have been okay. Okay. Perfect term. Like, when you look at the finishing order you say, "Oh, hey, Speaker hung around a little while," but nothing more than that. I've felt, for the duration, a lack of traction when it got down to bidness. And I'd say the results reflect that.

This evening's Mookie was absurd. To wit:

I lose with KK to AT.

I lose with JJ to 78s.

Both of those were all-in pre-flop, where I called shorties. On the other hand...

I beat AJ with 83 (SMTL!), when I open-pushed from the SB.

I beat KK with AK (when a third player in the hand said he folded AK).

So, really, it all evens out, but it left me with kind of a "Fuck, it doesn't matter what I THINK or what I DO, it's all fucking random."

Having come to that conclusion, at least in the short term, I brainstormed about what to do about this universal truth. There was only one answer.

The Turbo Fiddy.

It. Does. Not. get more random that that sonofagun. Nor is it my personal bag, but, heck, I had beer and still felt like playing after bubbling The Mookie (did you think I'd finish anywhere but The Bubble?).

Now, I've played the Turbo Fiddy before and this might seem incongruous, but, patience still works. It's the lack of such in others that is helpful. Armed with this universal knowledge, I got it all in with AK in the third level against QQ.

I did not win. I was left with 135 chips.

I tripled up with KQ. I doubled with 77. I, stop me if you've heard this before, beat KK with AK.

I final tabled the futchker. As the short stack. With an M of 1. Ish. 'Cause that whole traction thing took over again. When aggression and power was the rule, I could not beat anyone into the pot nor look down at anything helpful. But, again, obscene randomness. And profit. Don't forget profit.

T135 to $411. And it only took two hours.

5 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger F-Train said...

Look out world, Joe Speaker's bankroll is on the rise!

Nice hit.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Power. Poker.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

sick comeback

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger lightning36 said...

Damn -- hell of a comeback.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger SoulSimon said...

Hi,

Nice blog you have here if you wish to link exchange then add my link and post a comment on my blog so I can set up a link to your blog

http://poker-proffesional.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home