Friday, January 16, 2009

I Beseach You

I don't ask for much. But I need you to do this for me. I need to to pass along the word to everyone you know. I promise--PROMISE!--this will be a good thing. You have no idea. Really. This fucking show is SO good.

Friday Night Lights is amazing. Is it the greatest show on TV? I don't know. It's the one I most look forward to watching every week and, "Bret Michael's "Rock of Love Bus" as a notable exception, I have impeccable taste in television.

Let me tell you what sets this show apart: Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton. Chandler is Eric Taylor, coach of the Dillon Panthers High School Football team. Britton is his wife, Tami, principal of the school. The relationship between the two is the likes of which you've never seen on the small screen before. So many programs rely on tired stereotypes to depict parental interaction: the Dad is oblivious, and idiot even, and the Mom is the one who keeps everything together and provides the object lessons. Or, marriages are fodder for deception.

On "Friday Night Lights," you get real reactions to real situations. There are scenes from Season 3 that I've watched over and over again, struck by their authenticity and the pitch-perfect work of the actors. You'll be invested in them in no time.

Season 3 begins tonight on NBC. It has already run, in its entirety, on DirecTV, and I can assure you these 13 episodes are exceptional. You don't need to have seen Season 1 or 2 (and you're probably better off pretending, like me, Season 2 never happened). There is enough back-story provided and the characters--Tim Riggins and Buddy Garrity, mostly--have so much more depth now.

Whether there's a Season 4 depends on you. The show's writers have set up awesome potential if there is one. I need your help. You don't want to be on my bad side.

Friday Night Lights. Fridays 9 p.m. on NBC.

Also, if you're a guy...hottest collection of women on a TV show since "Twin Peaks." Yep...I'll stoop to lowest common denominator to get my Season 4.

4 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

It is easily Mrs. Easycure's favorite show.

Her quote: "I think I cry every episode."

My quote: "I pop a woody almost every episode."

Yes, the ladies are that good looking.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Predator314 said...

I agree. Not the best on TV, but in the top 1%. Too bad NBC put it in the Friday "here's where you go to die" slot.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Dude. I started reading this post on my iPhone and saw, "I Beseach You . . . I don't ask for much. But I need you to do this for me." I thought for sure you were facing some terrible tragedy like cancer or a bookie was about to break your legs. I was so delighted it was really about Friday Night Lights that I nearly peed!

I had to log into my laptop to say this: FNL is my guilty pleasure. I may have twittered about my enjoyment of this show once, but it also may have been under a fake name. Holy Panthers I'm glad it's back and I'm not the only one who's glad about that.

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Gamecock said...

Finally finished watching the 3rd season, and damn, with the notable exception of the 2nd season this show is awesome.

Oh, and I wish I grew up in Dillon. Not only are the women incredibly beautiful, but they are super easy as well. Seems a lot like heaven to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home