Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Drunken Suckout Makeout Tilt

I don't like to brag, but my game's been pretty tight lately and I'm kinda drunk. A 12th in the $28K and an 8th in Midnight Madness the last couple weeks have restored in me some much-needed confidence in my tourney game.

Which is why I bought into FTOPS Event #1 tonight though my bankroll protested and flung poo at me.

I finished 344 of 5319, which was good for a cash and a boost of self-worth and I'm happy about that. Except for going out with AA v. JJ.

Because I hadn't made a wrong decision all night. I won one big hand on a race (pushing with 88 from the BB over a button raise; he had AJ. No good), but otherwise, I got my money in well ahead and extracted good value from my hands.

And I'd have been a top 50 stack if AA held.

Regardless, I'd totally make out with a good 75% of my railbirds. Thanks, gang.

6 Comments:

At 3:50 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Hi, I'm a new poker blogger and would like to exchange links with you. I really enjoy your site and the poker nuggets I can haz receive from it. Please check out my website and if you like it we can swap links. I like to talk hand history and poker theory. Thanks, and don't forget to minraise your aces!

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

The Rooster would have folded those Aces in a heartbeat. But then again, that is why The Rooster is an A-Lister and gets much more traffic than you and also has been told that although he doesn't write much...well he's a better writer also. But where The Rooster is an A-Lister is at the poker table...thus, listen. Fold those Aces at that point in the tournament.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be sure to shave and take a breath mint next time.

Nice run sir.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger StB said...

Well done Joe!

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all my fault...I'm a cooler.

The Mookie had just wrapped up so I decided to check in to see how you were doing and that's when the AA..JJ hand went down.

Blame me.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger smokkee said...

AA < JJ ?

ugh

at least you got through almost 5000 other donkerooos who were also underBR'd to play. gg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home