Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pimp My Ride

I will be freerolling The Mookie tonight--barring catastrophe--thanks to my award-winning and predictably juvenile caption last week. I will endeavor not to slow-play my flopped top two into a losing hand like I did last week. You'd think with my "luck" on the river that I would learn not to do that. You'd be incorrect.

*

One person who has no such issues with his game is Absinthe. Let's see, take six months off--give or take--from the game, reacquaint oneself with the denizens of Commerce for a few days and make another LAPC Final Table. Appears from the updates he's shortish, which means he's right in his comfort zone. Nobody manipulates the shortie (not a euphemism) like Ryan.

Good luck, Daddy-o.

*

Speaking of riding the little stack (still not a euphemism), I did just that in the $28K Guarantee this past Sunday. I was dead last with five tables left and managed to keep my chin barely above the water line all the way until 12th. And had I won a race there (AJs NOT Gold vs. The Drizz), I'd have given myself a good chance to take it down, based on the passivity I'd seen in that last hour.

*

The Good Reverend, Sir Al Can't Hang has reached an enviable milestone. He demurs, but anyone who's been around the blogger block knows Al can not only write in an engaging and entertaining manner, but also that those skills are far surpassed by his humanity, altruism and the countless, selfless hours he's spent in service to our community.

Al was literally the first blogger I met in person and within seconds he treated me like an old and cherished friend. The feeling was, and remains, mutual.

Congratulations, sir.

*



What more needs to be said about this? Lazy Saturdays? PLO? Pauly? the potential to play against some Fucking Swedes?

I'm so there. You will be too, if you know what's good for ya. Saturdays with Dr. Pauly is like the Malt-O-Meal of Poker Tournaments.

4 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

If I can't win an iPod I ain't playing.

Fo'shizzle.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger Betty Underground said...

The "Malt-O-Meal of Poker Tournaments". GOLD!

May I point you, and your readers to the endless possibilities of dessert ideas made with Malt-O-Meal

Puffs and Stuff are going down as my fav.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks for pimping!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Date night with wife or PLO?

Possiblity of sex after spending $100 or winning $100 from bloggers while dial-a-shotting myself into the cushions of the couch.


Decisions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home