Thursday, December 14, 2006

Beta Tilt

The new Blogger "Beta" (Greek for "broken") is really messing with my ability to comment. The filter keeps throwing up "Category blocked 'Sex'" every time I try on those sites that have switched, which makes sense for SnailTrax and The Tao, but not so much for Riding the F-Train. This also means I can't READ comments, which is a seminal pleasure.

So I will be putting all my comments of Trip Reports here. You think this sucks for you? Try crafting the perfect comment: vocabularizing, alliterating, dropping in a well-timed "assface," and having it all disappear in a flash of cyber FUBAR.

Falstaff

You forgot the part where NGLF, upon being stacked, challenged Daddy to play "heads-up for $1000," causing the civilian on my left to say, "Yeah, 'cause THAT'S a real test of poker ability."

I don't think I ever fully appreciated how difficult it is for outsiders to play at a mostly blogger table. The guys down at mine and Daddy's end of the felt were totally flummoxed by what was happening, each of them in succession basically casting their lot with a hand with little idea of what their up against. Which makes sense based on the range of hands we combined to show down.

Garthmeister J.

What you ACTUALLY said to the guy you thought was Bobby was, "SUCK IT, BRACELET!" because he was wearing a Ljungberg jersey.

StB

The same thing happened to me in the tournament. I pushed over an opeing raise with TT and uttered a loud obscenity when a larger stack pushed behind me. The initial raiser folded and, in response to Blinders' query, I said I needed a ten based on the action. Imagine my surprise when the other guy flipped 66.

Oh. Sorry. My pair held up. So, not EXACTLY the same. But no less curious.

**************************

Stupid Beta.

5 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger BG said...

"The filter keeps throwing up "Category blocked 'Sex'" every time I try on those sites that have switched, which makes sense for SnailTrax and The Tao, but not so much for Riding the F-Train."

Dude, fuck that. Dave gets PUSSY.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Dawn Summers said...

Dude, fuck that. Dave gets PUSSY.

haahahahahahhaah...although, now that he has been deemed dreamier than Bobby Blackjack...

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. F-Train dreamier than the Bracelet. That kinda makes you think about the nearsightedness of the beholder, doesn't it?

And you're right, I totally forgot about the heads-up for $1,000.00. I was too busy trying to get my $20!

 
At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could undo beta, I would.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... well, I at least got the "I thought it was Bobby Bracelet" part right. It seems I am funnier/more abusive when highly intoxicated.

You may have also noticed that I screwed up the order in which things happened there as well. No surprises.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home