Thursday, February 02, 2006

I'm Your Turbo Lover

Poker for me lately has been an exercise in diversion. I know this is far from the frame of mind needed to be the bad ass motherfucking card player I envision myself on the best of days, but for right now it's all I've got and I have to say I'm enjoying it. It helps that I set a stop-loss of $26 a day, an amount that makes my online bankroll haughtily declare, "pffft, I wipe my ass with $26 tokens."

I played last night. I made it into the third hour. I sucked out hard once. I played my final hand like a hopeful child pining for a pony on Christmas Eve. My read was pure unadulterated wishful thinking and predictably incorrect, but it was midnight and I was tired and I wasn't gonna stay up another couple hours to bubble as a short stack. Again, bad poker attitude, but that's the way it is these days. I am playing for fun and am untiltable. Sadly, I've also become weak-tight. What a pansy.

I forgot to charge my iPod last night, so needed to do it in the car while on the way to the train. I tried to squeeze a few more minutes of juice out of it by leaving the ignition on (but engine not running) while I went into my local neighborhood Starbucks for my daily infusion of highly caffeinated hot beverages. I'm never afraid of my ride being filched, since I can see it from the coffee line (and the insurance money I'd get from its being stolen is probably twice what I'd get on trade-in) and I was never afraid the damn thing would automatically lock the doors on me with the keys inside, either. Until today.

I've done this several times before, so I was quite surprised to not be granted entry. I guess I left the ignition setting in a different place this time. The employees at Starbucks couldn't seem to rustle up a coat hanger (nor could the good folks over at the Mobil station), so it was AAA. Meaning I a) missed my train, b) missed the next train (by 5 minutes; so close), c) got to know a local homeless guy intimately and d) had a fully charged iPod. All for the low, low price of $65!

I went to the doctor yesterday, having made a same-day appointment due to excessive coughing and general lungular area pain, confirming my initial diagnosis of bronchitis. The cool thing was, I was in and out of there in 20 minutes, shattering the old speed record by roughly two fucking hours. Same-day appointments are now my m.o. Hell, next time, maybe I'll just show up unannounced. Of course, it took over 90 minutes to get my prescription filled, so I still have work to do in that area. I'm trying to streamline my life so nothing ever takes more than 15 minutes. That way, I'll have more time to do stuff.

Look for me in the turbo SnGs.

Addendum: The default suggestion for "motherfucker" in spellcheck is "motorbike." I'm not sure why that made me giggle like a Girl Scout, but there ya go.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5299802

This guy is such a bitch!!!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Congrats on being able to cross "Get To Know A Bum Intimately" off your list of things to do before you die!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Dammit, Speaker! Now I'm going to have Judas Preist in my head all day! With no iPod! Curse you!!!!

Motorbike. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home