Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Filler

Fucking January.

Life has got me short-stacked, dealing me a bunch of garbage and forcing me to pick and probe from a foundation of sand. As a result, I'm completely distracted, which manifested itself in a brief, but piss-poor poker session last night. At least I had the good sense to shut it down after about 90 minutes of idiocy (and was the tiniest bit impressed I managed to last into the second hour of the tourney considering my total jackasstistic attempt at playing solid poker). Writing? Forget about it.

So, in lieu of a rundown of my trials (and to stave off the commentary regarding "pussy" and "stitching up my gash"), I will jump on the backs of the proficient among you to carry me through the day.

Congrats to Blood for taking down the weekly Wheaton tourney. I had the final table up as I paid off monkeys hitting their river draws against me in the Stars $20 MTT. The Blood is Rising.

I was as big a fan of Oddjack as anybody, but its untimely demise does mean we get to read more of BG's stories, and for that I am imminently grateful. He's got a way with making the personal universal and the latest about the girl who gave him a swagger is no exception. I think we all probably experienced something similar to a certain extent. My swagger-giver was a girl named Kristina, the first "girlfriend" I had after my divorce. She was no beauty queen, but cute and fun and adventurous. She, more than any other, pulled me out of my pit of self-loathing, helped me like myself again and find some purpose in what had become an aimless existence.

Lastly, The One and Only Factgirl took down the $16K Guaranteed on Full Tilt last night. She's my hero.

3 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Blogger BG said...

Thanks man.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Poker Jones said...

I have heard January does end ... eventually. Never knew February could look so good.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Thanks JoeSpeak. Gonna try to buckle down and play closer to my best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home