Saturday, January 07, 2006

SMTL

We all know the power of The Hammer. The Jack Hammer has been known to tilt entire poker rooms. But there's a new kid in town that may, in the end, surpass them both:

Snowman-Tater Legs

It's eight-three (suited versions are allowed) and its origins, while most certainly involving alcohol, are mysterious. "Snowman" is obvious, but "Tater Legs?"

"That's what Oil Can Dan calls it," said ephro
"But what does it mean?"
"I don't know. I'll ask him next time I see him."
"Perhaps the bigger question is why he's called Oil Can Dan," observed fhwrdh
"Oh, I know why they call him Oil Can Dan," said ehpro. "It's because he's always covered in tar."

**************************

HDouble dragged a nice pot with SMTL (as those on the inside know it), getting ephro to call his value bet on the river. Every three on the board elicited a cry of "Tater Legs are good!"

FNG (Fuckin' New Guy) HighPlainsDrifter broke his Murderer's Row cherry with a second place finish in the tourney. He was out-chipped by about 30-1 when getting heads-up with change100, but managed to climb back in to make it a match for a while, before The Junkgrabber (who continues her splendid run and knocked me out in 4th, the third straight tourney where she's managed that when down to the final few and no I'm not bitter) finished him off.

I ended up with a mountain of chips in the cash game, mostly on the back of a turned boat that made Rini go broke. Though Henry continued to contend I had HIS chips--by the transitive property--since Bill had rivered him twice earlier.

The most entertaining hand was when three of us--me, Katkin and Ryan--got all-in on the turn with a QTxK board. Each of us showed KQo. I could not push them off with the very real threat of AJ.

Goddamn these folks make poker fun.

4 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

Tater legs ARE good! and funny

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger StudioGlyphic said...

Maybe it's a reference to the Woodlouse:

"A woodlouse, also known as a pill bug (genus Armadillidium only), armadillo bug, sow bug, slater, ball bug, potato bug, doodlebug, chuggy pig, roley-poley/roly-poly, butcher boy, daddy gramfer/daddy gampfer (UK, West Country) or cheeselog"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roly_poly

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger StatikKling said...

One of these days I'd like to make it out to a Murderer's Row game.. just so I could say 'I got my donkey kicked by the Murderer's Row..' Might even print off a T-Shirt.. heh

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Jordan said...

I've been playing 38 for a while as the 38 Special. I'm glad to see others have learned of its joy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home