Tuesday, December 27, 2005

All the Cool Kids Finish 4th

After a trying post-Vegas spell of poker, I wiped out two weeks of losses with a couple fine finishes in tournaments the last two days. Hooray for me.

I'd been running into some bad bleeping luck, kids and I gotta tell ya, I still love my game. I hug it most every morning. Sometimes I pet it surreptitiously on the train. Yes, I've graduated past the "Oh Shit, I've dropped $400 in two weeks, my game must suck!" self-doubt that plagued me this summer.

Which is not to say I won't donk off a buy-in at a 3/6, 6-max table when WAY too drunk to be near the poker machine.

Ahem. Moving on.

I finished 32nd in the $11 Crazy Re-Buy on Stars this Sunday. Those weekend mega-prize pools (over $65K in this instance) used to be one of my favorite MTT windmills at which to tilt. But I hadn't played the weekend version in a long time. Partly because it was a major suck on the bankroll for a while there and partly because Full Tilt has gotten most of my tourney action. I was a single bad beat away from having a top 10 chip stack, but I had sucked out earlier, so no complaints.

Then last night, I finished 4th in the $50 at FT. drizz was simultaneously making Erik Seidel his personal valet/shoeshine boy at an O8 final table. He finished fourth, too. Thanks to all you mIRC geeks/sweaters and especially to Alan for his Harrington bot.

************************

It was a nice, relaxing Christmas weekend, the most strenuous activities being assembling AJ's various toys. My extended family managed to not have a meltdown, which is always a concern, as such things happen about half the time during holiday get-togethers. Mainly because my sister is insane. I took some more shit over the poker thing from my more religious relatives, who were not impressed by the dear and patient wife's new diamond earrings which were purchased on the backs of my dead money opponents. Thankfully, I still get points for being AJ's dad, even when he tilts the entire feast.

AJ: I remember crying on Santa's lap.
Dear and Patient wife: Honey, you were only four months old. How could you remember?
AJ: I REMEMBER BEING A BABY!
Grandma: Okay, what was your favorite part about being a baby?
AJ: My favorite part about being a baby was sucking on my mommy's boobies.

Crush.

13 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! and to AJ too ;^)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Gamecock said...

I finished 4th in a $50 PLHE tourney last night a little after you left, bad beat. . .I wasn't pleased.

Oh and I can't imagine how many women AJ is going to get, he's going to be such the lady's man.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger AlCantHang said...

That's classic. Wing sauce, all over my monitor now.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger StB said...

The in-laws must have loved that!
You are raising the kid well.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger April said...

Did you tell him that is Daddy's favorite part of being Daddy too? :)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Jaxon (little TripJax) often mentions the booby as one of his fondest memories. And he's only 5!

That's my boy.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Gotta love kids.

Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read that! LOL

Go, AJ! Show 'em how it's done!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Roman said...

I envy that little shit so damn much. IsoP

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Congrats on putting to rest that seed of doubt about whether or not your son could grow up to be a pillow biter.

With that attitude, and his dad's euro footballer hair, he's going to be knee deep in trim for as long as he wants to be.

(Sorry but "knee deep in trim" is one of my current favorite phrases.)

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

How's your grandma doing? Still stunned?

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just yanked the earphone cord out of my iPod from laughing too hard.

This reasserts the notion that AJ is GOLD!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Classic stuff from AJ.Gaun yersel wee man as we say in Glasgow.

Enjoy the big game btw.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

So how does it feel to know that AJ is already wittier than you and most of the rest of the blogging world! Rock on Speaker-Spawn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home