Friday, December 16, 2005

Break

Gonna take a little pause in the trip reports for a few reasons. I have much more to document (no shit, ya long-winded motherfucker), but probably won't start getting it down until after the weekend.

Primarily because I picked up my novel again last night. I'd set it completely aside since the end of November, a typical method of mine. I've thought about it a lot, though, and the direction it's going, aided by some important coversations this past weekend with Human Head and Pauly. I plunged back into it last night and got all fired up, to the tune of about 4 hours sleep. I'm gonna hit it hard this weekend, too, and I'm loathe to let the trip reports sap my energy/muse.

I also am way behind on Christmas shopping, so much of the daytime hours this weekend will be spent fighting the crowds and my own impatient nature.

I did play some poker this week. Interesting, it was. I finished 12th in the FT $8K Guaranteed on Tuesday night. It was quite possibly the most boring three hours of my life, finish and payday notwithstanding. Gawd. A serious contrast to the previous weekend. I was a) sober b) alone and c) not at all challenged by the field. So I may get drunk, IM every last one of ya and play a large buy-in tourney this weekend, if I can find the time.

I am very much enjoying others' takes on the weekend. You folks are hilarious. Before I take this short sabbatical, I must, once again, thank Bill, Prof, HDouble, Otis and all the supporters at Stars and Full Tilt for a wonderful event. Your hard work is appreciated amidst all the tomfoolery.

I'd also like to say how happily overwhelmed the dear and patient wife was with the people and experience. I asked her to do a guest post, but she's not the extroverted giddiot that I am, so she simply told me to pass along her thanks. She had so many nice things to say about people and we spent the whole trip home re-hashing some of the high points. So many times I tried to explain to her how special this group is, how welcoming and entertaining, but it's difficult to convey the depth of camaraderie until one experiences it. Suffice to say, she felt the full weight of fellowship. She hated to hear me talk about what a great time she was going to have, didn't want me to raise her expectations to an improbable level and leave her ultimately dissapointed. What she found out was that there was no way I could over-sell the bloggers, for you all exceed standards every time out.

6 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

It was my wife's first blogger trip, and ditto all of that. And I didn't mind at all showing off the fact that I was lucky as hell to marry "up".

See you at the virtual felt sometime soon.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Tooloftheman said...

We are all, in fact, gidiots. Great playing with you at the tourney and hanging with all the bloggers.

-Marty

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger TripJax said...

Speaker,
I was thinking of you when I wrote that part of my post and I'm glad you gave your input. I appreciate it.
I'm all over those token SNG's...

Thanks again!

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger DrChako said...

My wife was also blown away by how inviting and friendly this group of "strangers" really was. Sorry we didn't get to hang out more, but we'll correct that next time.

Until then...

-DrC

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger April said...

I too wish I had been able to chat with the Dear and Patient Wife more. Next time, she and I will have to schedule a hot stone massage.

Enjoy the break, play the creative rush.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Pauly said...

I don't know who I'm in love with more... you or Mrs. Speaker.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home