Friday, January 06, 2006

Shaky Forecast

Murderer's Row game tonight, which always gets me a little tight in the trousers, but the idea of a Muderer's Row bachelor party?

I suggest you tether your livestock securely.

Congrats to the future Mr. and Mrs. Geek. Coco really does have the nuts this time.

************************

Well, we here in Southern California have apparently survived another tough winter. It was a difficult week, but I'm happy to report (mostly) blue skies and highs in the low 80s have returned to our little corner of paradise. There's only one thing wrong with that, however.

It's Earthquake Weather.

Sure, "Science" (making little finger quotes in the air) will tell you that there is no link between seismic activity and dry, airless, uncommonly warm weather. To which I say, "Hooey!"

The destructive Northridge Earthquake in '94 was preceded by absurdly calm January weather, as evidenced by the fact I was naked when the whole thing went down. Further evidenced by the fact my roommates and I spent the whole rest of the day shirtless and drinking beer in our front yard (we had to wait in line at a destroyed 7-Eleven while Arabs sold their available merchandise from the front door; Many people were there for bread and water and "supplies"--doing it again. We bought a case of beer and some smokes). I think that's plenty of proof. I'd start nailing shit down if I were you.

***********************

Here's a list of the fine folks who have agreed to back me in my foray into the LA Poker Classic event. As a token of my appreciation I'd like to urge all my readers to visit their sites and ask them for money. Thanks also to the many of you who offered. I will come begging to you next time I whore myself out.

Ryan
Jason
DonkeyPuncher
Iggy
drizz
Bobby Bracelet
Princess
gracie
Sell the Kids
DrPauly
April
Otis

7 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Can the piece of you I purchased be your hair? Purty please?

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in San Diego last spring. Two week business trip and I am chowing on banana cream pancakes on a beautiful SoCal morning. Suddenly, there was the sound of a road grater on the roof of the clubhouse (Stayed at the Doubletree Golf Resort on the north edge of SD). It lasted for about 30 seconds and no one seemed to bat an eyelash. It was only when another Cali-foreigner mentioned that there was a quake that I confirmed it with the desk. I thought I was imagining things. I guess you get used to those things, the ground didn't even shake.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I can't remember if pictures come up next to the names on your site or not. I uploaded a pic of myself so I'm testing it out. Hopefully it works!

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Crap, it only shows when you get into the section where you type your comment, not when you're just reading the comments.

Very disappointing.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Littleacornman said...

Not sure if/when you planned to watch the Liverpool v Luton FA Cup tie.Just make sure you see it.
( if you didn't see watch it live)

A genuine classic.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I just want one of those fancy shoe tassles and maybe a cuff link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home