Saturday, October 29, 2005

Fully Tilted

Boy am I playing some damn good poker. Made a final Table today at Full Tilt, finishing 8th in the $30+$3. Good thing too since only the Final Table paid. Now, you may be askiing yourself how I can say I'm playing so "damn good," if I only finished 8th? Well, lemme tell ya. I was the chip leader in the tourney from the middle of the second hour to the middle of the third hour, playing my funny ass off and dominating the proceedings. In the middle of that third hour, with only 12 players remaining, I re-raised with my Pocket Aces. I was re- re-raised by a Donkey, who obviously had Kings or Queens. I swear to Buddah I damn near folded those Rockets. I'd still have been left with 19K chips and in the top 3. Instead, I called and saw her River the set of Kings on me, dropping me to 6K. I basically folded into the money from there, not trusting myself (or a certain fast growing online poker room) to get involved.

Tilt.

Can I possibly NOT get majorly fucked late in one of these tourneys? Could I possibly have a hand hold up late when I'm buzzing the top? I'll fucking settle for once. Once.

5 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger alan said...

How did the donkey with kings finish?

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

Settling is for pussies. Man up, Joe.

(manly diatribe over. If folding was the prudent move, then you should be congradulated for being calm and following the proper path.)

 
At 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Speaker:

I am offering my services pro-boner to your wife in her inevitable divorce proceedings. I stumbled upon your blog the last couple days while ambulance-chasing and find her case to be what we attorneys call an "I-cannot-lose." Even being a man who appreciates all things masculine such as sports, killing and the game of poker, it is apparent that you have a problem. I archived your blog and found you to be all over the map in this regard: "I'm a poker God; I play too much poker; I need to get back to "basics"; I'm through playing poker; I'm thinking about poker when I read to my son; I've conned my wife into playing some poker so I can play more poker; I need to be fundamentally sound in my poker; I write this blog only for myself; I write this blog for my audience; I played poker all weekend; I must write."

I don't know you personally, Mr. Speaker (if that is your real name), but you sound more entertaining when you were a pot-head.

Sincerely yours,

F. Lee Bailey

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger StB said...

I know the feeling. I was knocked out yesterday when a donk went all in after I had re-raised him with A A. His powerful hand? A Q off.

Flop was x A Q. Turn Q River Q.

What can you do? Except delete the idiot anonymous comment.

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

At least you didn't try to push J5s into AA late in a tourney vs. the only person that had you covered...

Your time will come. And delete the asshat's anon comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home