Monday, January 17, 2005

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics

I can't feel my legs.

It's going to take me a few days to distill everything into a coherent narrative (or as coherent as I can be), but here are the numbers from the weekend:

Soccer games played: 4
Soccer games won: 0
Soccer games drawn: 2
Goals scored: 1
Goals against: 4 (nice defense, at least)
Number of players present for kickoff on Sunday at 9 a.m.: 6
Blackjack hands played: 0
Craps bets made: 0
Football bets placed: 0
Poker hours logged: 13
Hours of sleep: Less than 13
Profit from poker: $291

I had extreme gambling tunnel vision. I finished up $200 on Friday night after a marathon session in the Excalibur 2-6 game. And I was loathe to give any of it to the house on the -EV games BECAUSE I WORKED SO GODDAMN HARD to win it. It was easily the most rewarding poker session of all time. Not just that I won, or that I was pleased with my play, or that I didn't suffer a single suckout, but I had a table full of some very fun people (including a couple guys in the midst of a Bachelor Party who had me in stitches much of the evening). In addition to those guys, we had some uptight folks with whom to verbally spar, including a young Asian lady who demanded a seat change less than 2 minutes after sitting down.

Details to follow...

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy MLK, you lucky SOB. You're in Vegas (actually, you're probably home now, but whatev), I'm at work.

Looks like Billy's celebrating by trading a whitey (Byrnes) for a blackie (Cameron). ||spitz|| rejoices.

~Larry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home