Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Greater Than...

I started, scrapped, re-imagined and totally butchered a "Year in Review" post. Too much on my plate to do it properly. Too much imagination dedicated to other pursuits. Too much bullshit in Aught Six to want to re-live again. The point of my 2K maudlin words was that even though this has been one of the most difficult years of my life, I have also had a handful of experiences that will never be topped. Equaled perhaps, but not beaten.

Thank you to all my friends who keep track of my daily life on here and for your frequent support and exhortations. Thank you to all the friends I've made because of this TGOD. Your presence, generosity and humor is inspiring. Thank you to the random readers who've stopped by here with words of sympathy and helped to prop me up with your own tales of heartbreak and recovery. And thank you to the lurkers. I know you're there and I appreciate the visits.

I'm more than happy to put this year behind me. And if I'm not entirely healed, I'm in a better place than I could have dreamed 11 months ago. For that, I owe many of you a deep debt of gratitude. As the band warms up for Auld Lang Syne, the changing of the calendar will be more than symbolic for me. It's a new chapter, one with fresh opportunity and endless possibilities. I'm looking forward to tackling a new outlet, continuing to build my relationship with AJ and check-raising my first douchebag of '07.

Things are gonna be different around these parts. Greater, one hopes. And I wish the same for all of you out there in Blogland.

7 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Best if luck my friend...best of luck. If anything, there is one thing you really have going for you...you know The Rooster...nuff said.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Shelly said...

Here's to a truly happy new year for you and AJ!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Best of luck in 2007 where we will try to top the high points of 2006.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Heather said...

2006 was a hard year for a lot of people, but here's hoping 2007 is better.

Just remember, yer GORGEOUS!

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurk. Lurk lurk.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Ignatious said...

cheers! to '07!

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Joe, hope this one's a good one & hope we see you over here in Glasgow again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home