Sunday, December 31, 2006

Funeral Notices

Obituarium, The Died peacefully on December 31 at the age of 2. In its brief life, it touched many: degenerates, myspace teen-agers and divorce lawyers. Its tales of beer-fueled addictive behavior struck a chord across the blogosphere. Its weepy ruminations on a marriage in ruins reverberated with Nicholas Sparks-ian melodrama. Its attempts at humor inspired pity amongst its readers. It held fast to the tenets of the genre, never forgeting to min. raise its aces, always making sure the ladies heard "that," occasionally finding a needle of truth in a haystack of nonsense. The blog was a proud member of the WPBT and attended four conventions. Born in Southern California, it nonetheless aspired to global coverage, reporting from overseas, the Playboy Mansion and Malvern, PA. It leaves many survivors, including the blogs listed over there and Joe Speaker. Services are private and will be catered by Pabst Blue Ribbon.

13 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I just quit my blog, too! Then I came back.

If you end this thing, I'll end you, mister...

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind...

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Thanks for the great run, Speaker.

 
At 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm no. say it isn't so. this is not the way to start out my new year. and it is, in fact, all about me.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, buddy. Way to start the new year

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Speaker!!!

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're moving somewhere?

Can you post about that or comment on my blog to let me know?

Sorry if I seem stupid here, but that won't be the first time.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep. Got it.

I AM stupid. Congrats.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I can't believe they asked you before they asked me!?!

My poker coverage is not only fantabulous, but plentiful as well.

Please don't tell me I'll have to read non-poker stuff on myspace now.

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

fucking sellouts galore..

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

What is the big deal? Another blog dead...I like Betty Underground better anyways. Nuff said.

Too bad you won't be showing up to the blogger gatherings in Vegas anymore. Best of luck in life, man.

 
At 6:57 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job, Speaker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home