Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And The Winner Is...

That was funny. I enjoyed that immensely. I hit upon the idea of a contest after talking with gracie the other night and her laughter at my purchase. Not because it was odd, but because she assumed, like others, that I'd go totally Mid-life Crisis with my choice. And while there was certainly a "penis-extender" factor, my pragmatic side balanced it pretty well. Some of you have a pretty good read on me. Others? Horrible, like Chad, who thinks I'm a 16-year-old female gymnast.

Toyota Camry was a fine choice and that was exactly the car I planned to get. Four months ago. Now that my life situation is changed, I had to go a little more pizzazz. Those that went with the Audi and Volvo (and Bobby's "visible thinking" was top-notch) were right in the neighborhood, as entry-level luxury sedan is exactly where I was treading.

I may have given the impression that I am cheap. I am not. I'm not even frugal. I have no problem paying for quality. But I won't pay for a nameplate (coughBMWcough). And while he didn't get it EXACTLY right, the $10 goes to Hoyazo, who used an "outside the box" method to hit the mark. He just guessed what he liked.

The G Coupe indeed kicks ass. But I got the sedan.

14 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger StB said...

Something tells me you are going to enjoy the car. Congrats.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

I just wrecked the shit out of one of those about three weeks ago...the steering went out on me while I was driving this girls car...not sure what happend...the side of her head kept moving the wheel..then at a climaxtic moment she moved and swung the car off the road..it sucked to wreck such a nice car.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger peacecorn said...

It was the word "sedan" that got me giggling. But I have to admit, that is one fine looking motor car.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger April said...

Very nice! But hello?? Where is the most important detail??? What color????

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Human Head said...

Very nice choice. Infiniti definitely has a lot of soothing ability.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Hammer Player a.k.a Hoyazo said...

Joe, I'm thrilled and honored to have almost nailed this one on the head. It's like I've known you forever.

I used to drive an Infiniti myself -- it's a great car, and scores quite well with the ladies which we all know is ever important in today's day and age.

Nice choice my man.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Damn, the Infiniti...

Should have included it in the guess, but since I was already taking two I threw out the more expensive choice thinking you'd be a bit more frugal.

Well selected, my friend.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Bill said...

I'm bummed. I so wanted a ride in the Miata.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Fuel55 said...

The wife has the FX45 and let me tell you something - these Infiniti's suck gas like no one's business. I thought my E-tank was bad but the FX takes the cake. I hope the G is about 1500 lbs less and doesn't drive you to the poorhouse.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger CarmenSinCity said...

Nice choice!!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Be sure to fit it with a phat spoiler, neon running lights, and huge chinese letters decals to pick up chicks!

Seriously, excellent choice for the car. Congrats!!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger F-Train said...

Fuck cars - do we have an update on "meaningless sex with meaningless women"? I'm still sticking with the over, just curious what progress there has been.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger iamhoff said...

Very nice selection. My GF is pushing for the G coupe, when it's time to get rid of her Acura. The financing threw me...I didn't think they were dealing that well on the interest rates.

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, glad to see you are satisfied with your G-sedan purcahse. I'm guessing you purchased to 2007 model.

As the 06 and older models are one crappy cars. Check out their resale value.

I purchased on 06 coupe. And although they look nice from the outside, everything else about the car sucks. (gas mileage, rattles, oil consumption, window motor, sunroof motor etc etc.

http://g35suck.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home