Tuesday, August 30, 2005

News and Notes

Well, let's see, what's new...

Played a little poker this weekend, posting a slight win at the Morongo 4/8 tables on Saturday night. Found myself card dead for the most part, as well as facing a group of tight/passive players for the first few hours. Pre-flop raises took the blinds on several occassions. Won one big pot when a guy holding AJ mis-read his hand and 3-bet both turn and river when I held the nuts with KJ on a AQT9x board. The River was a thorny skank all night. At least three players stalked from the table in disgust.

Also took a (drunken) run at the crazy Re-Buy on Sunday night. Got in for my minimum ($31) and won a nice pot at Level 6 to take me above average stack, then got creamed by a BB Special. I open-raised from the SB, he called and I flopped top and bottom pair. He called my mild bet, then raised my more aggressive bet on the turn. I pushed. He flopped top two.

Gah.

But I was a happy drunk at that point, so no worries.

**********************

Dr. Pauly has put out another edition of Truckin' his fine literary blogzine. I have a story in, which is neither fine nor literary, but hopefully gives you a laugh.

**********************

Michael Owen is headed to Newcastle. !@#%@&%&@*^^%!@$#%#$@

Watched the replay of the Super Cup on Saturday afternon and delighted in the crowd's rendition of "There's Only One...Michael Owen" (and it appears it affected Cisse, as well since he came on to score two lucky goals and divinely set up the third). I guess Benitez's style isn't a good fit for Owen, since Rafa likes to play with a lone target striker (hence Peter Crouch), but I still don't get it. If you have the opportunity to bring back a Kop hero, a proven scorer, you adjust your bleeping style.

**********************

US-Mexico this Saturday. Huge. Huge. Quite a double-header for me: A's-Yanks followed by the North American Grudge Match. Tis fixture always brings to mind an AP quote from a random Mexican after the US knocked the Tris out of the World Cup in '02:

"Why must they always treat us like rats and idiots?"

Greatest. Quote. Ever.

Three points and the Nats are booked for Germany. Might as well get it out of the way.

***********************

I had several strong reactions to the Video Music Awards the other night. Eva Longoria's moose knuckle, 50 Cent teasing his live performace saying he was gonna serve up a "melody," which would be a first, but I'm pretty sure he meant "medley," R. Kelly officially going insane right in front of our eyes and my tempered happiness at Green Day winning a handful of awards because I think "American Idiot" is an excellent album, but "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" is easily the worst cut.

***********************

Is there a Doctor in the house? I have a strange phenomena going on right now, so strange that it's difficult to even describe. I'm getting some sort of heat sensation in my left buttock. It flares up for just a second, like I backed into a flame and then it's gone. It doesn't hurt, but it's annoying and has been bugging me for about a week now. No other attendant symptoms. Could it simply be that my left butt cheek is going through menopause?

Have I shared too much?

Anyway, googling "left butt cheek hot flash" or "buttocks heat sensation symptom" hasn't turned up anything useful. I did, however, spend a lot of time looking at various links after trying "need help with my hot ass" You know, for research purposes.

4 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Take your estrogen pills.

Pansy.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Left buttcheek hot flashes...

Hmmm...

Thanks for lobbing one up for me, but it's just too easy. I'll pass.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=341073&cc=5739

Crap of a call and changed the game.

Mexico will win this game.

Who said that Own trade was taking place? http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=340205&root=england&cc=5739

He's good, but not that good...

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger spanky said...

so, seeing as i don't have your email address, i have to assume it was sent and eaten by a drow.org spam filter, or you fear that i'm a stalker and don't want to send it to me for fear of me posting embarrassing fan fiction or you forgot or something else.

send it to my gmail this time: jeffreyjh@gmail.com if so inclined. talk to you soon, mister man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home