Monday, July 18, 2005

Charlie's Tourney

Well, as expected, Charlie's Tournament was fun. Pushing the Maximum Aggression Button with every blogger's favorite hand is +EV. I won with The Hammer twice, once on a pre-flop re-raise getting two folds and once on a continuation bet on a scary flop. Scary, at least for the guy who called me pre-flop, who probably had 8s or something and didn't like those three overcards. These both happened at my first table, where I recognized only Halverson and Mrs. Head.

Pushing the Maximum Agression Button with MY favorite hand is not so +EV. I came over the top of a raise and a re-raise with AJs. Yeah, I knew I was in deep trouble, but I was a little drunk and it's my hand goddamit. Diamonds were my only real out since I was up against AK and KK. That, kids, is how to blow 90% of your stack in short order. Thankfully, I was moved to a different table at that instant so I didn't have to endure the immediate riducule.

Shelly won a big pot just as I arrived at the new digs and had a nice stack. A Donkey to her left also had some stacks, with which he would double me up twice in the next 10 minutes. gracie appeared to be doing well and was concerned about my chip inadequacy. Then BadBlood showed up with StB close behind. I did that all from a pretty drunken memory, so worship me and my functioning brain cells. If I forgot anybody, I apologize and you may petition the court to have the worshipping part waived.

I had to push with a few marginal hands, but got folds from my accomodating fellow bloggers. After The Donkey doubled me up twice, Blood was kind enough to get pocket 9s when I had AA and I was back in with an average stack. StB took a powder around this time and who would replace him on my immediate left than Mr. Wheaton. That was pretty cool. I know half the LA Blogger contingent has Wil on their speed dial, but I'd never met him. Not that I really did outside of welcoming him to the table and getting an 'lol' from him with a Tony Blair crack, but still... Sorry about that whole "bluffing into the nuts" thing, Wil.

I went out in 37th when I lost a race with The Donkey, a queen spiking on the River to oust my pocket 9s. Good times, good cause.

SarahBellum won. I don't know her, but that's a clever name. Congrats to Sarah and thanks to all for participating.

*************************

This is gonna be a Rough week for me. Why will be related in a later post (Friday to be exact). Nothing bad. Just Rough. Capital 'R'.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger peacecorn said...

Wah! I bust out and then Wheaton joins the table?

You did an outstanding job of tripling up there, btw. I can't believe I made such a donkey play with KJ. (Who knew that dude had KK? Stinking slowplayers.)

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger April said...

You what drives me absolutely nuts? When someone says "I have something to tell you, but I can't yet." ;)

I hope your week isn't too rough, and that you come through it just fine. Holler if you need anything.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Here's something to cheer you up:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/M/myteam.mc

Go look up my team, and enjoy the laughs, I have ZERO idea who I picked. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home