Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sign on the Line Which is Dotted

Anybody wanna hear me list the innumerable bad beats I've taken recently?

No, I didn't think so. I wish I could get 'em outta my head, though. Alcohol so far has been ineffective.

It was nice to get away and we had a great time, but now I'm back, staring at the screen and can only think of the negative. It's my own fault, I suppose. Lacking anything to entertain me last night, I thought I'd jump into a low buy-in O8 tourney for shits and giggles. You know, get away from Hold 'Em, work on a new game, have some fun....

Can't say I wasn't warned. Boy, these people playing O8 have no idea what they're doing. And that's saying something coming from me, who has only the slightest clue. Suffice to say, I got brutally sucked out twice in 15 minutes to decimate my carefully crafted stack, the last being a perfect microcosm for the last three weeks. On a flop of QhKhTd, I raised and capped, holding AhKsJs2h. The guy who called two flop bets cold (and then two more for good measure) with Jd6s5s4d caught runner-runner diamonds to bust me.

Clearly, I'm being punished for some karmic transgression.

Okay, so, sorry for that. I had to get it out. I feel better. You don't. But I can help.

WPBT "Charlie" Tournament

When? 6PM EST Sunday July 17th

Where? PokerStars

How Much? $20 - every penny goes to charity

What Do I Get When I Win? The comfort of knowing you're doing something good for someone else

No, Really... No. Really.

All proceeds to go to wherever Charlie Tuttle's family wants them. Come on out and play!


It's important. It's meaningful. I encourage everyone reading this to play. It should also be fun. These blogger/reader tourneys always are. Many thanks to BG and Iggy for setting this up. A massive turnout would be proper. It's listed on Poker stars under the Tourney/Private tab.

See you there. Until one of you a-holes hits a two-outer on me.

Heh. Even my jokes sound horribly bitter.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

Brutal suckout Drizz laid on you. Ouch.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Easycure said...

It happens to the worst of us, trust me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home