Friday, July 01, 2005

Hizzonor, 'Da Mayor

I haven't been thrown this many warnings since before my first trip to Tijuana.

THE MAYORAL INAUGURATION IS FRIDAY! ALL STREETS WILL BE CLOSED! CATS AND DOGS WILL LIE TOGETHER! YOU WILL NEVER GET TO WORK UNLESS YOU LEAVE BY WEDNESDAY! THE END IS VERY FUCKING NIGH!

As luck would have it, I was driving into work today, instead of taking my usual, oh-so-relaxing, morning train ride. I'm breaking my maiden tonight at the new LA Blogger Home Game and, sadly, the LA Transit Authority has yet to green-light a 2 a.m. Drunk Train Schedule linking HDouble's home with mine.

I dread driving in under any circumstances. With such dire predictions echoing in my head last night...well...let's say I went to bed early.

I'm due here at 8:30. I made it with 45 minutes to spare. Appreciate that, Chicken Little. I'd like to thank the good people of Los Angeles for extending their 3-day weekend by one. Wish I'd thought of it.

*******************************

Looking forward to doing battle with the local sharks this evening. Omaha8 is the game and I suck at it, but I'm not going for the cards anyway. At least it's not any variation of Stud. As an added bonus, Grubby is rollin' into town. Can you play The Hammer in O8?

********************************

I'm still runnin' on Birthday goodwill at home. We haven't even celebrated the momentous ocassion yet, preferring to wait until this weekend to go out for a nice dinner and some birthday sex. Not simultaneously. As Roman said, "Birthday sex is the best. They have to do all the work."

Aside from that, I have to finish clearing the slope this weekend. I hope to get in at least one Crazy Re-Buy on Stars (the prize pools in the Sunday night version are habitually going north of $40K). Maybe spend a lazy afternoon by my sister's pool drinking beer. Barbeque some brauts. Re-Raise some douchebags. I'm not much for strict planning.

Have a good Fourth, everybody!

3 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

Sunday night I'll look for you at the final tale - against me.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

table even - sheesh

I spilled mustard in my keyboard - seriously.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

reraise some douchebags indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home