Saturday, July 16, 2005

Times Like These

Am I not human? Do I not bleed? Hurt?

I find my self staring into the abyss, my friends. Shoved to the rim by A6o flopping trip siixes agains my JJ. QT flopping the nut straight against my KT nipping at my heels. And pressing on my back, with the weight of a thousand lesbian daytime talk show hosts, 83 sOOOOOOOOOted cracking my AA.

I've stayed positive. My decisions have been rock solid. Every tourney in which I've busted this week, I've got my money in when ahead. A couple times, I was DEEP. But not deep enough to stop the bankroll slide.

It can't get worse, I've been telling myself. Work on your GAME, not the results. I've taken that to heart. I've felt good this week, played well. And have had my worst losing week ever.

On top of that, some douchebag who busted me out of an SnG gives me a mocking "Cya" in chat. His screen name was AnulLube. Now, I may take some shit without complaint, but I'll be goddamned if I'm gonna let that slide from a guy named AnulLube. "Douchebag" is not censored on Stars.

So, here I am, 52.8% drunk, steaming, but not overtly so--thanks to you, gentle readers and this little forum where I CAN SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT--and dying to play poker.

Is that tilt?

Hard to say. On the one hand, I'm still playing fine. On the other, I have this burning desire to win something. To end the day on a good note. Which might not be such a fine idea considering the cornholing I'm absorbing. Without AnulLube, I might add. Walk away from bad cards and all that.

Raise or fold? Ain't that always the question.

4 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger spanky said...

yo man. email me. helixx@drow.org. i mainly want YOUR email address if you're wondering why...

i feel for your week. i'm having a similar one myself. i was telling iggy, while trying not to whine, that i was getting hit in the face with the deck PREflop (AA, AK, KK, etc) and even hit some flops really well... good enough to build a decent pot with a large amount of my money in it, only to lose the hands to some loser playing crap.

i feel rock solid about my decisions, i'm playing tight and well. it just one of those things. usually when i play like a dolt, i want to stop playing for a while, but i feel the need to play poker lately despite the heavy heavy losses if only because this shit simply *has* to end sooner or later.

i like the ipod music choices too. watch for some blabbing about music in the next week or so on sidechain.blogspot.com because i have a music care package going to a friend and i'm going to write something up anyway.

ttyl, dude... or see you tonight

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger High Plains Drifter said...

When I'm reeling from a bad beat and a rude send-off, I usually wanna play more poker too.

I figure I'm on tilt, or close to it. So I crack a beer and drop down in SnG limits... way down.

Just a thought. Keep your head up. Believe in the math.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll be there with ya for the bad beats :)

I got a "Cya" after 4 hours in a tourney on Absolute where I was a big favorite pre-flop and finished 3rd in the hand.

So. Fuckin. Mad.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger StB said...

Keep hacking away. If you feel your game is good, you will have a breakthrough game soon enough.

Heck, if I can win some big money, you sure the hell can!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home