Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Down in a Hole

Before we get to the impending bacchanalia and my pre-Vegas angst, an announcement:

I suck.

Oh wait, that wasn't what I was gonna write there. Pauly has the May issue of Truckin' up. I am again humbled to have a story included.

I know what you're all thinking, that I am somehow blackmailing The Good Doctor. A valid stance, but Not True. Seriously, who could extort Pauly? Do you think, with his copious output that there is something he's NOT telling us? I shudder to think.

Your favorite Michigan poker blogging brothers are also featured. All thanks to Pauly for his continued committment and support.

***************************

I have always been of the firm belief that attitude matters. In all things, but especially in regard to gambling. When I'm white-knuckling, my world hanging on the turn of a card, the roll of the dice, my results are poor.

When I'm partying it up, immune to the inevitable swings, I usually do quite well.

PMA my high school Econ teacher called it. Positive Mental Attitude.

I don't have one right now. And goddamn if I just can't get rid of this cloud hanging over me.

Poker results have been for shit. Soul-sucking and constant. Bad beats, rotten decision-making, general suckery.

Which is how, incredibly, I find myself downcast, kicking at stones, even while on the cusp of this awesome fucking trip.

I feel like I just sat at a blackjack table and dropped $500 in an hour. The literal and figurative "kicked in the junk" all wrapped up into one.

The good news is, I HAVE dropped $500 at a black jack table in an hour. And I recovered. Forty-eight hours should be plenty of time to make a comeback. Not gonna play any poker in the interim though. Every time I try to get the vibe back, it just gets worse. More good news is that I likely won't be facing off with 87s if I make a big pre-flop raise on Friday.

You know what? I feel better already. This bloggy stuff is neato.

Gentlemen (and ladies), Start Your Livers.

5 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

My liver has been on constant duty for the last 11 or so years. It's ready.

Vegas can't come soon enough!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

>> Gentlemen (and ladies), Start Your Livers.

ROFL!!!!!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

My liver has been getting the Billy Blanks' workout since Thursday. Kick! Kick! Punch! Collapse!

Come Thursday this week I'll be able to keep up with Al for at least one hour.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks for pimping Truckin'.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger BadBlood said...

Dude, your trip is a guaranteed win. Where else can you can a free Unearth CD????? Nowhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home