Friday, May 27, 2005

I'm Finding It Hard To Be a Gentleman

While it's only six days until Vegas, I prefer to winnow the number down even more. Only two more days do I have to drag my silly ass to the train in the morning for the slog to work. Only 22 more hours of cubicle donking until I can let loose. Let the clock-watching ensue.

I am, as are all of you, now fully armed with the complete blogger dossier. Here's more personalized info.

Vegas Itinerary

Thursday

2 pm: Arrive in Vegas.
2:05 pm: Stop at the Rio to scout the WSOP location. I'm the guy who doesn't want to be hurrying around on Friday morning, unaware of where exactly he's supposed to be. I'm the guy who gets to the airport 3 hours early. I'm the guy who needs a couple bloody marys to settle the fuck down.
3 pm: My triumphant arrival at The Plaza. I expect to be greated with streamers and perhaps an oom-pah band.
3:15 pm: Excuse me, where's the nearest bar?
Evening: Apparently there's some sort of sushi shin-dig. I'm barred from knowing the exact information. I'll be there, if I can find a stool pigeon. Me no likee the sushi. Me likee the sake, though. And maybe I'll luck out and find something on the menu THAT IS FUCKING COOKED. Allegedly, there is karaoke as well. While temperatures will hit freezing in the underworld before you find me behind a mike, I'll be happy to cheer on the rest of you.
Later evening: Excuse me, where's the nearest bar?
2 am: My hard and fast deadline for heading to bed. Negotiable.

Friday

See, there's this tournament I'm supposed to be playing in and it's really screwing up my advance planning. I could be there all day. I could be there for 15 minutes. In the event of the former, Have Fun Storming the Castle! If the latter befalls me, I'll railbird with all my might. Right after I power binge drink my sorrow/embarassment away.

Saturday

10 am: WPBT Aladdin Classic. If I'm starting WSOP final table play at 2, I'll probbly have to skip this one, in the interest of getting some sleep. I'll most certainly drop by, however. If that other tourney is not a concern, I'll be there with bells (and my Liverpool jersey) on. Reasonably coherent. Promise.

5 pm: After-party. Or, as I'm calling it, Prelude to a Yakking.

Sunday

11 am: Time to go. Four hours of sheer hell on tap. Unless I win the WSOP Event, in which case I give my car to a homeless person and charter a private jet to whisk me home.

Tick, tock, tick tock...

7 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Irritable Male Syndrome said...

"3 pm: My triumphant arrival at The Plaza. I expect to be greated with streamers and perhaps an oom-pah band.
3:15 pm: Excuse me, where's the nearest bar?"


15 minutes to find a bar? Poor form, man. Poor form.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger The Bracelet said...

I'll just follow you to the tourney on friday. Sometimes I get a buzz before playing in the WSOP.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Felicia :) said...

"Apparently there's some sort of sushi shin-dig. I'm barred from knowing the exact information."

I don't know who you think is withholding this information. It is posted right on my site. I not only gave the map and phone number of the restaurant, but then provided my own, personal directions as well, which might be more suitable for a stranger in Vegas.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/felicialee1/39766.html

http://www.ratelasvegas.com/restaurants/ratings/l1579.html

I also posted the identities of those attending the get together. Maybe you think I should post the Tax ID number of the restaurant along with the SS numbers or those attending? Will that be enough information for you???

Yes, the restaurant offers cooked, traditional Japanese food, too. I don't care for sushi, but I have enjoyed every meal I've had there.

Glad you're going to be able to make it.

PS: if you pay this little attention to detail in poker, you'll be dead money at the WSOP, lol.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Joe Speaker said...

but I AM barred. This is what I get with that link.

Error
You are not authorized to view this protected entry.

I was just kidding, though. I figured I'd e-mail ya.

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Human Head said...

Don't like sushi!!!??

**gasp**

(cue overly melodramatic, slightly homosexual reaction to this news)

**sigh** I'm shocked, sir, shocked :)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wish I could make it for the sushi (minus the eating sushi part), but my parents are coming in and I've made promises to greet them at least.

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gambling at the WSOP is a thrilling experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home