Friday, February 04, 2005

The Name Game

I deal in death, people. Professionally.

Which is how I ended up with the stupid name of this stupid blog. Very f-ing clever, I am. I'm the guy with the witty comment/comeback that occurs to me days after I needed it.

So I made a couple changes.

For one, what I assumed would be a blog with a wide breadth of ideas and posts has turned into an almost singular tunnel of poker obsession. While I hope to expand the topics, there's no denying what dominates the discussion. For two, The Obituarium is a stupid name for a poker blog, as it doesn't remotely conjure poker. Now, had I any sense at all, I could have combined my vocation and poker into any number of clever titles:

Drawing Dead
Dead Man's Hand
R.I.Poker

Okay, not so clever, BUT BETTER than The Obituarium.

Anyway, this is what I'm going with now. No need to change the links or anything.

Now, onto the living. Booked a small win at Party last night. I am thankful for even the smallest of wins. My game is shambolic right now. Dealing with a little crisis of confidence that is, among other things, muting my agressiveness and causing me to second-guess apparently routine decisions. So last night, I played a $20 SnG and reverted back to ultra-tight mode. And did fine. Doubled up when I had a monster, folded every other time and finished 3rd. I think I'm going to stick with that for a few days (though I'm not planning on much play this weekend). Always a crap-shoot playing that style in the Party SnGs, with the small starting stack and rapidly escalating blinds, but I just feel like I need to go back to basics. Too many times lately I've found myself in a hand with no idea of which direction it was headed. Which shows up pretty quickly in the results. Gonna do some re-reading/re-studying this weekend, too.

Lastly, I'd like to give some online respect to my dear and patient wife (who is also an occassional--yes, occassional-- reader). She was awarded the 2004 Rookie of the Year for her company. It's a rather remarkable achievement since she's only been with them since May, yet managed to out-produce folks who'd been there the entire year. Remarkable, but not surprising. To me anyway. We're all very proud of her.

1 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger April said...

If you really want to change the name, I vote for the last one.

And congrats to the wife!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home