Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Morning After

Played poker online last night
Saw people, places, and things.
I barely had arrived,
My wife asked me to describe
The people, places, and every last thing.
So I unpacked my adjectives.

I unpacked "frustrating" first.
Reached in and found the word "worst."


With all apologies to Schoolhouse Rock.

Yeah, I'm still a little disappointed in how things worked out. I'd looked forward to the tourney for some time and to go out within 10 minutes was a real kick in the groin. That my later foray into the $25 NL tables on Party ended up with me dropping a pair of buy-ins (both of them against pocket Ks) isn't exactly solace.

Whatever.

I did enjoy lurking for a while on some of the tables. The one I was knocked out on turned into a Hammer Throwing competition, though I missed The Good Doctor's already legendary cracking of AA and KK. That table would have made Gus Hansen cower in fear.

A real life picture of Dr. Pauly.

Congratulations to on_thg and the rest of you check-cashers. It really is a splendid thing that such an event even exists. Thanks to Iggy for setting it up. I'm going to spend a month learning how to play poker in anticipation of the next one.

Thanks for coming by. And much appreciation for the comments I've gotten lately from those who've recently found the blog. Very cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home