Sunday, January 02, 2005

Remember the Sabbath

More to come later, but based on the miniscule sample size from the last two weekends, I am not going to play on Sundays any longer. I have angered my Creator. Not even 9 a.m. yet and I've been the recipient of 3 egregious beats. So I quit. For 24 hours.

I have some hilarious (perhaps only to me) stories to relate, starting with my Quaker-style New Year's Eve--if Quakers gambled--and the lengths some degenerates will go to circumvent the limits on debauchery. And what some of those same degerates will do on New Year's Day to make up for the missed chance to binge drink. And oh do I have poker content. I have a family home game which started out as nickel-dime-quarter and ended with $25 pots in a game called Guts. I have my dear and patient wife bringing home her first SnG win. And yes, I have me, your faithful and occassional fish, cracking AA twice with a four on the board flush in the same SnG (which, naturally, I won).

Right now though, The Boy and I are going to the park. And then to confession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home