Wednesday, January 05, 2005

And Now For Something Completely Different...

The creator of the Bundt cake pan died. Front page news in the Twin Cites.

Everyone has a story to tell about the Bundt cake, one of church socials or block parties, the neighborhood potluck or a backyard barbeque. Aside from providing "regular folds to make it easier to cut," this invention did much more, like lead to an explosion of super-moist cake recipes.

But, and I can't stress this strongly enough to you parents, your child's birthday is NOT the time for a Bundt cake. There isn't even any damn frosting. Don't gyp them, as my parents may or may not have gypped me.

What am I babbling on about? I dunno. I just don't have any remotely interesting poker content and this thing is called "The Obituarium," after all. And I like saying "Tunnel of Fudge Cake."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home