Monday, June 01, 2009

Seriously

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times. I was rolling along in the Blogger Big Game, feeling pretty solid about my play, faded some diamonds to triple up huge early (myself and corron10 flopped sets and sellthekids, the nut flush draw) and generally threw my big stack around. At the same time, I was rolling in the 50/50, with a stack of twice par about an hour in.

Then bdiddie's queens beat my kings, one of the wonkas got hissef pot committed and won a post-flop race against me and I ran KK into ShabazzJenkins's AA and so long Blogger Big Game. Somewhere in the middle of all this my JJ got out-flopped by TT and I was down to 1300 chips in the 50/50 with blinds at 100/200.

And I was all like, SERIOUSLY?.



That there is the 50/50 Final Table.

Where I became a mere spectator for way too many orbits. I even joked in chat, after the BB, who got a walk, showed A6, "Is that what an ace looks like?"

We lost a couple shorties, then the following hand took place. I should note, the KK guy had less than the BB. Easy push for me and I was 3/4 of the way to bed when the river fell.



That was an $800 river card, the money difference between 6th and 5th, where I soon finished after running The Drizz into QQ.

Not bad. Seriously.

6 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Tres sexy.

Knew you were going to hit some cash last night, well done!

Too bad it wasn't the BBT tourney though.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger jjok said...

nice!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger DrChako said...

Nice hit. It's cool to see one of us come from behind with a river suck out - at the final table no less!

-DrC

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Schaubs said...

Seriously.

That is awesome.

Well done!!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Blinders said...

OMG. Very nice!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger PokahDave said...

consolation prize? sweet....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home