Friday, May 30, 2008

No Way

I have no plans to go to Vegas this summer. It will be my first non-attendance at some point during the WSOP since 2004. I am totally fine with this. I haven't been playing, so I'm stale (though my bankroll's fine since I haven't lost, either). I've got other engagements, like parenting and a mid-July trip. And Vegas wouldn't exactly be a positive influence on my non-smoking lifestyle. Seriously, I've done a good job so far, but why chuck myself into the deep end (hell, more like the bottomless end)?

Again, I'm totally fine with this. Fine. No issues at all. None. Really. Certainly didn't start convulsing a little while reading all the posts from our fine bretheren (and sistren) gearing up to cover seven weeks worth of poker and scenery.

So let's just let the linkage commence:

Pauly will be doing most of his posting at home and at Las Vegas Vegas, which is awesome, since we'll get mostly color instead of play-by-play. Joe Speaker advocates color.

change100, Geno and 130 lbs of Rookie Fury will be on hand donkumenting (hehe; clever) the action for PokerNews and Falstaf (still one 'f' last I heard) will be providing his morning recaps from his bunker in NC.

My Main Spaceman will be doing his thing for Poker Listings and the venerable Otis will be short-timing it for Poker Stars blog at the end of the month.

I'll also be keeping an eye on Pokerati (for the articles) and Wicked Chops (also for the articles).

If I forgot anyone who would like to be mentioned here, please drop an e-mail or comment. I can't be held responsible for my behavior since I'm not going to Vegas this summer. I'm really not. I don't care how many of you (and you and you) say you're going or thinking about going and I don't care my birthday falls on the same weekend you're going and my birthday plans fell through and the economy has rendered rooms relatively cheap.

Nope. Totally not going to Vegas. Not a chance.

3 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Easycure said...

Are you sure you can't visit Vegas on the 7th of June? I'll need hair product since I can only fly with THREE FUCKING OUNCES. You could bring some bacon, too. And no, bacon is not a euphemism.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger The NL Wife said...

Who's hair will I get to ogle this trip?

And I was hoping to see the new and improved you . . .

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger John G. Hartness said...

So we'll see you Friday night at the MGM, then?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home